Robert Griffin III
Rookie Card Year: 2012
Investment Rating: 7.5
The moment he won the 2011 Heisman Trophy, Robert Griffin III cards and memorabilia had a long-term place in the hobby. However, most collectors are expecting a lot more from the dynamic quarterback as he easily became one of the poster boys of the 2012 NFL Draft Class.
Taken with the second pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, RG3 brings tremendous athleticism and a charismatic personality to the Washington Redskins. The combination of the team's passionate fan base, his college accolades and hobby prospectors have led to strong prices on all early Robert Griffin III cards.
Despite early injuries in his career, Griffin has shown he has what it takes to compete at this level and Redskins fans are anxious to get back to the teams winning ways.
Panini and Topps both used RG3 aggressively in the marketing of 2012 football products. Between the two companies, nearly 40 products contain an RG3 rookie card. Collectors have no shortage of options for Robert Griffin III rookie cards.
Top Robert Griffin III Rookie Cards
The cornerstone of an RG3 player collection, the National Treasure's vertical layout provides ample space for the card's design elements. This includes a clear player photo, over-sized two-color patch and on-card autograph. The card is serial numbered to 99.
A truly impressive piece of cardboard, the Playbook rookie features everything a collector could ask for in a high-end rookie card. Multiple player images and a large jersey swatch adorn the left side of the card while an on-card signature and additional jersey swatch grace the right side. The card is limited to just 149 total copies.
This is one of five, true rookie cards of RGIII within the Prominence set. This card features an over-sized, multi-color jersey patch and sticker autograph. All of the Prominence Rookie Cards are serial numbered to just 70 copies each. Other variations include, Helmet Patch, Team Patch and Letter Patch cards, each with a sticker autograph.
Robert Griffin III Rookie Cards
Budget Rookie Cards
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2012 Absolute #226 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2012 Panini Certified #317 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2012 Panini Contenders #202 Autograph PR: 238
- 2012 Panini Crown Royale #276 Autographed Patch #/249
- 2012 Panini Gridiron #301 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2012 Panini Limited #202 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2012 Panini Momentum #102 Autographed Jersey #/399
- 2012 Panini National Treasures #302 Autographed Patch #/99
- 2012 Panini Playbook #201 Autographed Patch Book Card #/149
- 2012 Panini Prime Signatures #265 Autograph #/149
- 2012 Panini Prominence Rookie Class Letter Signature #226 Autograph #/70
- 2012 Panini Prominence Rookie Embroidered Team Patch Logo Signature #226 Autograph #/70
- 2012 Panini Prominence Rookie Field Plate #226 Autograph #/70
- 2012 Panini Prominence Rookie Helmet Signature #226 Autograph #/70
- 2012 Panini Prominence Rookie Jersey Prime Signature #226 Autograph #/70
- 2012 Panini Rookies & Stars #217 Autographed Jersey #/499
- 2012 Panini Totally Certified #226 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2012 Topps Five Star #160
- 2012 Topps Valor #60 #/170
Robert Griffin III Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Robert Griffin III's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Tristar and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Robert Griffin III Cut Signature Exemplar
Robert Griffin III Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Robert Griffin III signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
- The signature is relatively consistent in character make-up with a right leaning signature.
- The letter "R" consists of three lines,of the two parallel lines the one on the right forms what looks like a narrow capital letter "C"; instead of using the two parallel lines to connect them, a third line on about a 40 degree angle that extends past the letter to the left, is used.
- The next character resembles a narrow looped cursive "l" with an extending tail.
- The third character is the letter "f" which is discernible, it includes a ling horizontal line that flairs to the right with a smaller parallel line underneath it.
- The inscription "#10", his jersey number is often present.
Robert Griffin III Signed Football Pricing:
Robert Griffin III Signed Jersey Pricing:
Robert Griffin III Signed Helmet Pricing:
Robert Griffin III Signed Photograph Pricing:
Find out more about Robert Griffin III cards and memorabilia by browsing our featured guides and resources below:
- Robert Griffin III Rookie Card Checklist and Guide
- 50 Hottest Robert Griffin III Cards
- Robert Griffin III Cards Scorching Hot Following Heisman Trophy Victory
For general information and player statistics visit: