Following in the footsteps of his father, Cecil, Prince Fielder is one of the premier sluggers in baseball. Winner of the 2009 MLB Home Run Derby, Prince was the Milwaukee Brewers first round pick in the 2002 draft. He was selected directly out of high school. Like a lot of power hitters, Prince Fielder cards and memorabilia command a fair bit of attention.
Fielder made his major league debut in August, 2005 and stuck with the team the following year. He hit 28 homers in his first full season. His 50 home runs in 2007 set a new Brewers record. It also made Prince and his dad the only father-son combo to reach the half-century homer mark.
The first baseman is already a multiple-time All-Star and was named the game's MVP in 2011. Alongside Ryan Braun, Fielder has helped make Milwaukee a contender in the National League. However, the duo was split when Fielder signed a long-time free agent contract with the Detroit Tigers, the team his father found fame with, following the 2011 season. However, his tenure with the team was short-lived as he was traded to the Texas Rangers for Ian Kinsler, following the 2013 season.
Fielder's rookie cards can be found in many 2005 products. He also has a couple of notable cards that came out prior to 2005. The most popular is his 2002 Upper Deck Prospect Premieres autograph. He also applied his signature on a card in 2002 Upper Deck Minor League.
Fielder continues to not be a stranger on autograph cards. As a result, his signature prices are relatively affordable. One notable card is a 2006 Topps Co-Signers dual autograph that features Prince and his father. Other popular pieces of Fielder memorabilia include signed balls, jerseys and photos.
Top Prince Fielder Rookie Cards
A top pick for the foundation of a Prince Fielder collection, the Ultimate rookie card features a clean design, on-card signature and is limited to just 99 total copies.
Available in a slightly higher quantity, this card is serial numbered to 125. The horizontal layout, large player photo and on-card autograph all combine to form another top-notch Prince Fielder rookie card.
The SPx brand has always been known for cutting edge design, value and exceptional rookie cards. The 2005 version is no different. The horizontal layout once again lends itself to providing collectors an attractive Prince Fielder rookie card, complete with an on-card autograph and limited availability.
Prince Fielder Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
- 2005 Absolute Memorabilia #173
- 2005 Donruss Champions #384
- 2005 Donruss Greats #141
- 2005 Donruss Throwback Threads #152
- 2005 Prime Patches #84
- 2005 Upper Deck Origins #265
- 2005 Upper Deck Old Judge #265
- 2005 Upper Deck Portraits #47
- 2005 Upper Deck Reflections #265
- 2005 Upper Deck Sweet Spot #152
- 2005 Upper Deck Pro Sigs #111
- 2005 Upper Deck Trilogy #79
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2005 Donruss Signature #151 #/250 Autograph
- 2005 Leaf Limited #179 #/99 Autograph
- 2005 Leaf Limited #200 #/99 Autograph
- 2005 SP Authentic #159 #/185 Autograph
- 2005 SPx #153 #/185 Autograph
- 2005 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection #240 #/99 Autograph
- 2005 Upper Deck Ultimate Signature #168 #/125 Autograph
- 2005 Upper Deck Update #183 #/75
Prince Fielder Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Prince Fielder's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, and Mounted Memories.
Prince Fielder Cut Signature Exemplar:
Prince Fielder Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Prince Fielder signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Despite his signature having a tendency to vary depending upon the venue, the type of item or when it was signed, look for at least some of the following signature features:
- The signature s hastily written and consists of just a few characters.
- The most legible letter is the "P" which consists of two lines, the first resembling a "7" with a small curlycue on the bottom, the second looking like a backwards "c". The two lines form the "P" in a manner that often leaves the top loop open.
- The next character looks like a combination of a "z" and a "3."
Prince Fielder Signed Baseball Pricing:
Prince Fielder Signed Jersey Pricing:
Prince Fielder Signed Bat Pricing:
Prince Fielder Signed Photograph Pricing:
Find out more about Prince Fielder cards and memorabilia with the following articles:
For general information and player statistics visit: