Date of Birth: 5/6/1985
Rookie Card Year: 2005-06
Investment Rating: 8.0
Chris Paul has long been considered one of the elite point guards in the NBA and commands plenty of hobby attention. The one thing that appeared to be holding him back, and the Chris Paul cards, was limited postseason success.
After starting with the New Orleans Hornets, CP3 later moved to the Clippers, Rockets and Thunder before reaching the Phoenix Suns. He helped turn around the Suns franchise with his veteran leadership and All-Star play.
As a rookie from the 2005 NBA Draft, Paul was the top choice for collectors that year and has maintained that appeal throughout his career. The potential for a championship with the Suns puts the point guard in rare company and should lead to a push in Chris Paul card and memorabilia prices if he stays healthy.
Chris Paul rookie cards consist of nearly 30 options and there is also an earlier NBA card for Paul that was included in 2004-05 Finest as a redemption. The best Chris Paul rookie cards all feature his signature and are showcased below.
A more detailed look is provided with our list of the Top 10 Chris Paul Rookie Cards.
Best Chris Paul Rookie Cards
This rare Chris Paul card features an on-card autograph and a patch swatch. With the weight that Exquisite carries in the hobby, these cards regularly sell for thousands of dollars.
Greats of the Game presents a viable alternative to the Exquisite rookie. This Chris Paul card can be had for pennies on the dollar versus the Exquisite while still featuring an on-card autograph and print run of 99.
With a slightly higher print run, the 2005-06 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection Chris Paul card can be found much more easily than the other two cards on the list but still brings in strong values. The card also features an on-card autograph.
Chris Paul Rookie Card Checklist
Shop for specific cards or check completed sales values using the eBay links below.
Budget Chris Paul Rookie Cards
- 2005-06 Bazooka #166
- 2005-06 Bowman #111
- 2005-06 Hoops #181
- 2005-06 Reflections #149 #/1499
- 2005-06 Topps #224
- 2005-06 Topps Luxury Box #114 #/999
- 2005-06 Topps Style #154
- 2005-06 Topps Total #346
- 2005-06 Upper Deck #230
- 2005-06 Upper Deck ESPN #93
- 2005-06 Upper Deck Hardcourt #139 #/1750
- 2005-06 Upper Deck Rookie Debut #103
- 2005-06 Upper Deck Slam #93
Mid-Range Chris Paul Rookie Cards
- 2005-06 Bowman Chrome #111
- 2005-06 Finest #106 #/599
- 2005-06 SP Game Used #149 #/999
- 2005-06 SP Signature Edition #104 #/499
- 2005-06 Sweet Shot #149 #/499
- 2005-06 Topps Big Game #120 #/529
- 2005-06 Topps Chrome #168
- 2005-06 Topps First Row #108 #/549
- 2005-06 Topps Pristine #104
- 2005-06 UD Portraits #138 #/99
- 2005-06 Upper Deck Trilogy #137 #/599
Premium Chris Paul Rookie Cards
- 2005-06 Exquisite #46 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2005-06 Greats of the Game #113 Autograph #/99
- 2005-06 SP Authentic #94 Autograph #/1299
- 2005-06 SPx #153 Autographed Jersey #/750
- 2005-06 Ultimate Collection #146 Autograph #/250
Chris Paul Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Chris Paul's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Reputable authentication companies include JSA, PSA, Panini Authentic, Upper Deck Authentic, Tristar and Mounted Memories to name a few.
Chris Paul Cut Signature Exemplar
Chris Paul Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Chris Paul signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics, regardless of the item signed or when it was signed. Look for the following signature features:
- The whole signature is written an angle.
- His signature consists of the letter "C-s-P-l" and his jersey number "3."
- The letter "C" makes almost a full circle and contains the jersey inscription "#3."
- The letter "C" flows into an "s" which consists of an up and down pen stroke or a more elaborate formation. consisting of a loop at the top and the bottom. He does this when taking his time and isn't rushed.
- The letter "P" is distinguishable and sometimes exhibits a curlycue at the bottom.
- The final letter is an obvious and legible "l."
Chris Paul Signed Basketball Pricing
Chris Paul Signed Jersey Pricing
Chris Paul Signed Photograph Pricing
Be sure to check out more Chris Paul articles from the Cardboard Connection:
For general information and player statistics visit