Rookie Card Year: 2005-06
Investment Rating: 7.5
Chris Paul has long been considered one of the elite point guards in the NBA and commands plenty of hobby attention. The one thing that appeared to be holding him back was a lack of a talented players around him and that he played for the small-market Hornets. With a trade to the Los Angeles Clippers, Paul now has large-market exposure. He's also paired with another dynamic player and hobby favorite in Blake Griffin. Chris Paul cards and memorabilia could be in line for a big jump in the near future.
As a rookie from the 2005 Draft, Paul was the top choice among collectors and has maintained that appeal throughout his career. The potential for greatness as a member of the Clippers puts the point guard in rare company and should lead to a push in Chris Paul card and memorabilia prices. Although LA has long been loyal to the Lakers, the combination of Paul and Griffin should give the team a larger part of the spotlight. This momentum will continue to build as the Clippers become more successful .
Chris Paul has almost 30 rookie cards available and there is also an earlier NBA card for Paul that was included in 2004-05 Finest as a redemption. The top three Chris Paul rookie cards all feature his signature and are highlighted below.
Top Chris Paul Rookie Cards
This rare Chris Paul card features an on-card autograph and a patch swatch. With the weight that Exquisite carries in the hobby, these cards regularly sell for thousands of dollars.
Greats of the Game presents a viable, low-cost alternative to the Exquisite rookie. This Chris Paul card can be had for pennies on the dollar versus the Exquisite while still featuring an on-card autograph and print run of 99.
With a slightly higher print run, the 2005-06 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection Chris Paul card can be found much more easily than the other two cards on the list but still brings in strong values. The card also features an on-card autograph.
Chris Paul Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
- 2005-06 Bazooka #166
- 2005-06 Bowman #111
- 2005-06 Hoops #181
- 2005-06 Reflections #149 #/1499
- 2005-06 Topps #224
- 2005-06 Topps Luxury Box #114 #/999
- 2005-06 Topps Style #154
- 2005-06 Topps Total #346
- 2005-06 Upper Deck #230
- 2005-06 Upper Deck ESPN #93
- 2005-06 Upper Deck Hardcourt #139 #/1750
- 2005-06 Upper Deck Rookie Debut #103
- 2005-06 Upper Deck Slam #93
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
- 2005-06 Bowman Chrome #111
- 2005-06 Finest #106 #/599
- 2005-06 SP Game Used #149 #/999
- 2005-06 SP Signature Edition #104 #/499
- 2005-06 Sweet Shot #149 #/499
- 2005-06 Topps Big Game #120 #/529
- 2005-06 Topps Chrome #168
- 2005-06 Topps First Row #108 #/549
- 2005-06 Topps Pristine #104
- 2005-06 UD Portraits #138 #/99
- 2005-06 Upper Deck Trilogy #137 #/599
Premium Rookie Cards
Chris Paul 2005-06 Topps 1952 Style #154 RC
Chris Paul SPF 1185 1299 Authentic Auto 2005 Basketball Card
2005-06 Chris Paul UD RC #230
2005 S.I. Sports Illustrated For Kids #457 Chris Paul RC PSA 9 Free Shipping!
Chris Paul Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Chris Paul's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Reputable authentication companies include JSA, PSA, Panini Authentic, Upper Deck Authentic, Tristar and Mounted Memories to name a few. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Chris Paul Cut Signature Exemplar
Chris Paul Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Chris Paul signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics, regardless of the item signed or when it was signed. Look for the following signature features:
- The whole signature is written on about a 45 degree angle.
- His signature consists of the letter "C-s-P-l" abd his jersey number "3."
- The letter "C" makes almost a full circle and contains the jersey inscription "#3."
- The letter "C" flows into an "s" which consists of an up and down pen stroke or a more elaborate formation. consisting of a loop at the top and the bottom. He does this when taking his time and isn't rushed.
- The letter "P" is distinguishable and sometimes exhibits a curlycue at the bottom.
- The final letter is an obvious and legible "l."
Chris Paul Signed Basketball Pricing
Chris Paul Signed Jersey Pricing
Chris Paul Signed Photograph Pricing
Be sure to check out more Chris Paul articles from the Cardboard Connection:
For general information and player statistics visit