Andre Dawson Awards and Personal Memorabilia Heading to Auction
Several major pieces of Andre Dawson memorabilia are being put up for sale in July. Goldin Auctions is auctioning 18 pieces from the Hall of Famer's personal collection including awards and gear from milestone achievements.
The auctions are being held on two separate occasions. Five of the biggest pieces are part of the Premier Live Auction being held July 31 in Chicago, which coincides with the National Sports Collectors Convention.
Among these are his 1987 National League MVP Award, 1982 Gold Glove Award, 1987 Babe Ruth Home Run Crown, and the ball from his 438th and final career home run. Dawson hit it on September 22, 1996 off of Xavier Hernandez. Also part of the live auction is Dawson's 1991 All-Star jersey. This was the only year he hit a home run at the mid-summer classic.
The remaining 13 items are slated to be part of an online auction that runs from early July through August 8. Here's a list of what will be available:
- 1977 Sporting News NL Player of the Year Award
- 1982 All-Star Game Commemorative Bat
- 1983 NL Player of the Year Award
- 1984 Claude Raymond Award for being the most popular player on the Expos
- 1985 Home Run Baseball #200
- 1986 Home Run Baseball (#220) that set the Expos' all-time home run record
- 1987 All-Star Game-Used Bat signed by many other All-Stars
- 1987 RBI Champions Award
- 1987 baseball for the final hit of his only MLB cycle (April 29 vs. the San Francisco Giants)
- 1988 NL All-Star Game Ring
- 1988 Mr. Baseball Award
- 1988 Victor Award
- 1988 1,000th career RBI Baseball (May 14)
|Making purchases through affiliate links can earn the site a commission|