When the NFL lockout was still in full force, there was concern over whether regular season games, or even the entire season, would be lost. It was easy for fans and collectors to overlook events that were less important by comparison, but still an awesome part of the NFL landscape. One of these events is the NFL Experience, which features cards, memorabilia, autographs and interactive football games.
The event is held each year in the same location as the Super Bowl, usually during the week leading up to the big game. This year, the NFL Experience will take place at the Indiana Convention Center from Friday, January 27th through Saturday, February 4th. The Super Bowl follows on Sunday, February 5th at Lucas Oil Stadium.
The fun-filled event will feature many attractions:
- Free autograph sessions with more than 50 NFL superstars (player appearances will be announced starting January 23).
- Super Bowl XLVI Memorabilia Show presented by Panini America and Topps.
- A display with the Vince Lombardi Trophy.
- A collection of all 45 Super Bowl rings.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame Exhibit featuring the bronze busts of the 2011 inductees.
- Kid-friendly NFL Rush Zone with scaled-down versions of the adult games.
Tickets to the event can be purchased starting December 7 at Ticketmaster.com or by calling 866-TIX-4NFL (849-4635). Ticket prices are $25 for adults, $20 for children 12 and under and free for children 2 and under.