Rookie Card Year: 2010-11
Investment Rating: 7.5
Viewed as a cornerstone for the Edmonton Oilers as the top-overall pick in 2010, Taylor Hall finally lived up to his expectations after he joined the New Jersey Devils via trade. It took longer than expected, but Taylor Hall rookie cards and memorabilia have started to push.
Taylor Hall had more than 400 total cards produced in 2010-11, his rookie year. This includes over 200 memorabilia cards, more than 150 autographs, almost 300 serial numbered cards and more than 20 primary rookie cards.
Hall's success in juniors and the resulting hype meant a ton of autographed material hit the secondary market long before he walked across the draft podium, but his 2010-11 cards tend to be the most popular and valuable.
Top Taylor Hall Rookie Cards
The Cup rookie card of Taylor features a multi-color patch, on-card autograph and is serial numbered to 99 total copies. A sizable player photo accompanies the vertical design. As a result, the combined elements present a top card and a cornerstone of any Taylor Hall rookie collection.
The horizontal layout of the Dominion rookie card provides plenty of space to incorporate all the desired elements collectors appreciate in a rookie card. The patch and on-card autograph leave plenty of room for the player image, which helps the visual appeal. This card is also serial numbered to 99.
The debut of the Crown Royale Rookie Silhouettes took the hobby by storm. The die-cut player image on top of the memorabilia allows for some of the largest pieces of game-used material cards available in the hobby. The vertical design and inset jersey swatch in the background also provides room for an on-card signature without leaving the card looking cramped.
Taylor Hall Rookie Card Checklist
Shop for specific Taylor Hall rookie cards and check prices using the links below.
Budget/Mid-Range Taylor Hall Rookie Cards
Premium Taylor Hall Rookie Cards
- 2010-11 Contenders #135 Autograph
- 2010-11 Crown Royale #116 Auto Jersey #/99
- 2010-11 Dominion #231 Auto Patch #/99
- 2010-11 Limited #223 Autograph #/299
- 2010-11 Luxury Suite #132 Auto Jersey #/199
- 2010-11 SP Authentic #280 Autograph #/99
- 2010-11 SP Game Used #200 #/99
- 2010-11 SPx #197 Auto Jersey #/499
- 2010-11 The Cup #180 Auto Patch #/99
- 2010-11 UD Ice #105 #/99
- 2010-11 Ultimate #142 Autograph #/99
- 2010-11 Upper Deck Young Guns #219
- 2010-11 Zenith #216 Autograph #/199
Taylor Hall Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Taylor Hall's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Reputable authentication companies include JSA, PSA, Panini Authentic and Mounted Memories to name a few. Click on any of the images below to view full-size photos.
Taylor Hall Cut Signature Exemplar
Taylor Hall Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Taylor Hall signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for, at least some of, the following signature features:
- The signature is written on a horizontal plane with a simple style and few characters.
- The letter "T" resembles more of a number "7" or unclosed isosceles triangle with a little hook on the top line.
- The pen lifts and the second character, believed to be a "y" actually looks like a capital letter cursive "J" with closed loops top and bottom.
- An upside down and large "C" shape follows which includes a small "+."
Taylor Hall Signed Puck Pricing:
Taylor Hall Signed Stick Pricing:
Taylor Hall Signed Jersey Pricing:
Taylor Hall Signed Photograph Pricing: