Rookie Card Year: 2003
Investment Rating: 6.0
Shaun White cards and memorabilia command a dedicated audience despite his spot in a sport that's largely overlooked in the hobby. His domination in snowboarding helped commercialize the sport's mainstream appeal. White's success, popularity and charisma made him the obvious poster boy to lead the campaign in legitimizing the sport. As a result, multiple snowboarding evens are now part of the Winter Olympics.
A multi-time gold medal winner himself, White has influenced a new generation of snowboarders and as a result, a new viewing audience and commericial opportunities for the sport and the Olympics overall.
Shaun White cards are few and far between, relegated to Sports Illustrated for Kids magazine inserts. Autographed items signed by Shaun White aren't terribly expensive, but are a nice collectible of one of the greatest extreme athletes of all-time.
Shaun White Rookie Card Checklist
Part of a nine-card sheet, the popular magazine has included trading cards, which are perforated, for many years. This card of Shaun White commemorates his early entry into X-Games competition. Since this 2003 card was released, White has had multiple other SI fo Kids cards as well.
(10) 2013 Sports Illustrated SI for Kids #D3 SHAUN WHITE Top Dogs Cards
Shaun White Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find examples of what an authentic Shaun White signature autograph looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Tristar and Mounted Memories.
Shaun White Cut Signature Exemplar
Shaun White Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Shaun White signature will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
- The signature is very unique and stylized to reflect White's electric personality.
- The letter 'S" includes a short angled line that flows down and around into a large loop.
- A vertical line on an 60 degree angle, serves as the back of the letter "h."
- The remaining letters are very small with a line trailing and extending into the last name.
- What looks like a small "m" flows into a large horseshoe shaped character and finishes with small script and a haphazard dot implying the letter "i."