Rookie Card Year: 2011-12
Investment Rating: 7.0
The future looks bright for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins cards and memorabilia. A key piece on an Edmonton Oilers roster that's loaded with young standouts, it's only a matter of time before the team becomes a prairie powerhouse once again. That said, it feels like we've been saying that for a while now. When Edmonton does start winning, more and more collectors are likely to get wind of the talented youngster.
Nugent-Hopkins was hardly a secret when he made his NHL debut during the 2011-12 season. The first pick in the 2011 NHL Draft, expectations were high for the high-scoring center. Even though a shoulder injury kept him out of 20 games, Nugent-Hopkins still managed to tie Gabriel Landeskog for the most rookie points.
Looking to the future, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins cards have a lot of upside. He's part of an immensely talented team that is going to show a lot of flash and offense. Don't be surprised if you hear some comparisons to the Oilers dynasty of the 1980s. Those might be a little unfair, but the team still has the potential to make Edmonton the City of Champions once again.
Collectors have more than 20 different Ryan Nugent-Hopkins rookie cards to choose from. However, few of them are easy pulls. All are either short prints or low-numbered cards in high-end products. This is great for those who loved autographed rookies and premium first-year cards. However, this also means a lack of affordable options for collectors on a tight budget. The most readily available cards are his O-Pee-Chee rookie, which was actually available in 2011-12 Upper Deck Series 2 packs, and his 2011-12 Upper Deck Young Guns short print, which is in Series 1 packs.
Top Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Rookie Card
The Cup brand dominates the rookie card landscape in hockey and this card of Nugent-Hopkins is no different. Combining all of the elements collectors demand; large player photo, multi-color patch, on-card signature and a low print run (#/99) produces a top-notch card of the future superstar.
The Dominion rookie card also combines all the elements in a similar vertical design, as that of The Cup. Produced in an equal print run of 99 total cards, it is slightly more affordable while still delivering content and value.
The Ultimate Collection RC card is incredibly popular to have graded. Lacking the memorabilia of the aforementioned cards, does not in anyway hut this cards value. Featuring an on-card signature and serial numbered to just 99 total copies makes this another heavily desired Ryan Nugent-Hopkins rookie card.
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Rookie Card Checklist
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2011-12 Crown Royale #170 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2011-12 Panini Certified #219 Autographed Jersey #/499
- 2011-12 Panini Contenders #218 #/800
- 2011-12 Panini Dominion #188 Autographed Patch #/99
- 2011-12 Panini Limited #215 Autograph #/299
- 2011-12 Panini Luxury Suite #62 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2011-12 Panini Prime #121 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2011-12 Panini Rookie Anthology #103 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2011-12 Pinnacle #284 Autograph
- 2011-12 SP Authentic #248 Autograph #/999
- 2011-12 SPx #205 Autographed Jersey #/499
- 2011-12 Upper Deck The Cup #180 Autographed Patch #/99
- 2011-12 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection #121 Autograph #/99
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Ryan Nugent-Hopkins's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Reputable authentication companies include JSA, PSA, Panini Authentic and Mounted Memories to name a few. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Cut Signature Exemplar
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Ryan Nugent-Hopkins signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for, at least some of, the following signature features:
- The signature is written on a horizontal plane with just a slight angle
- More a series of indecipherable hieroglyphics than actual letters, they all lean to the right
- The letter "R" is very dramatic and resembles a stick figure with only one arm as the loop is written almost on top of the character as compared to how you normally see it to the right
- The next three characters resemble the number "27" with the "7" being crossed, this cross flows into the next charater that looks like a lower case "t'
- His jersey number "93" is usually present
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Signed Puck Pricing:
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Signed Stick Pricing:
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Signed Jersey Pricing:
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Signed Photograph Pricing: