Rookie Card Year: 2008-09
Investment Rating: 8.0
Russell Westbrook rookie cards have seen a lot of movement thanks to his stellar play. This checklist guide documents his full rookie lineup and key collectibles in one place.
Russell Westbrook already commands strong values for his autographs and rookie cards. Although not quite a top-tier hobby favorite yet, Russell Westbrook cards are firmly entrenched at a level below.
There are almost 30 official Russell Westbrook rookie cards from 2008-09 sets, with over a third being autographed. Also, several Russell Westbrook cards from 2007-08 products receive solid interest. Originally issued as redemptions, they include 2007-08 Chronology #254, which is numbered to 250 copies, and 2007-08 Finest #104, which comes as multiple Refractors and even a signed version.
Westbrook also added his autograph to the on-card Exquisite Draft Picks Reservation insert in 2007-08 Exquisite Collection. Limited to 99 or 199 copies, he is part of three different triple autographs, including versions that pair him with Derrick Rose or Kevin Love.
Top Russell Westbrook Rookie Cards
The top option among first-year Russell Westbrook cards, 2008-09 Exquisite Collection features an on-card autograph and diamond-shaped patch swatch. The great design combines a color scheme that matches the Thunder's uniform and properly displays the autograph and jersey.
With a slightly larger print run than Exquisite, 2008-09 SP Authentic still holds its own among Russell Westbrook cards, thanks to its on-card autograph and jersey piece. SP Authentic also has a retail version that includes a similar Westbrook rookie card. The main difference is that the card uses red foil instead of gold and does not have a jersey piece. The retail version is much rarer despite not being serially-numbered.
With the lowest print run on the list, UD Black could be seen as the top option for premium collectors. Although it also features an on-card autograph and quad jersey piece that spells out 2008, it actually represents the best value among rookie Russell Westbrook cards. Despite being limited to 99 copies, it can be had for, on average, about a quarter the amount of Westbrook's Exquisite rookie.
Russell Westbrook Rookie Card Checklist
Budget / Mid-Level Russell Westbrook Rookie Cards
- 2008-09 Bowman #114
- 2008-09 Fleer #204
- 2008-09 SkyBox #204
- 2008-09 Topps #199
- 2008-09 Topps Co-Signers #104 #/2008
- 2008-09 Topps Hardwood #104 #/2009
- 2008-09 Topps T51 Murad #174
- 2008-09 Topps Tip-Off #114
- 2008-09 Topps Treasury #104
- 2008-09 Upper Deck #262
- 2008-09 Upper Deck Lineage #204
- 2008-09 Upper Deck MVP #204
- 2008-09 Bowman Chrome #114
- 2008-09 Topps Chrome #184
Premium Russell Westbrook Rookie Cards
- 2008-09 Exquisite Collection #93 Auto Jersey #/225
- 2008-09 Hot Prospects #140 Auto Jersey #/199
- 2008-09 SP Authentic #139 Auto Jersey #/299
- 2008-09 SP Authentic Retail #139 Autograph
- 2008-09 SP Rookie Threads #67 Auto Jersey #/599
- 2008-09 SPx #114 Auto Jersey #/99
- 2008-09 SPx #124 Auto Jersey #/99
- 2008-09 UD Black #46 Auto Jersey #/99
- 2008-09 Ultimate Collection #127 Auto Jersey #/150
- 2008-09 Upper Deck Premier #104 AutoJersey #/199
- 2008-09 Upper Deck Radiance #90RC Autograph #/99
Russell Westbrook Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Russell Westbrook's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Reputable authentication companies include JSA, PSA, Panini Authentic and Mounted Memories to name a few. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Russell Westbrook Cut Signature Exemplar
Russell Westbrook Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Russell Westbrook signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics, depending on when in his career the item was signed. Other characteristics that play into his signature style are the particular item and venue. Look for the following signature features:
- The whole signature is hastily written with only a couple of legible letters.
- The letter "R" is legible with the rear vertical line written on a 50 degree angle and exhibiting a very narrow loop.
- The next several letters are implied with only the "e-l" being discernible and even then the "e" resembles more of an "a" and the "l" is not completed.
- The "W" is pronounced and widely spaced.
- The next several letters are again, indistinguishable.
- The signature ends with what looks like an "l" but is in fact a "k."
Russell Westbrook Signed Basketball Pricing:
Russell Westbrook Signed Jersey Pricing:
Russell Westbrook Signed Photograph Pricing:
View our other detailed guides for Russell Westbrook:
For general information and player statistics visit: