Rookie Card Year: 2003
Investment Rating: 8.5
Rafael Nadal is considered to be one of the greatest tennis players of all-time as the Spaniard has 22 Grand Slam titles. The rivalry between Nadal and Roger Federer is legendary and Rafa also has epic battles with Novak Djokovic. And while tennis isn't the hottest sport in the hobby, Rafael Nadal cards and memorabilia still have a solid following.
Nadal has multiple cards in 2003 NetPro Tennis products. His 2003 NetPro is the most popular rookie. It features a young Nadal resting mid-match. His close-cropped hair is a stark contrast to the flowing mane contained by the signature bandanna he is known for today. His on-court achievements and enthusiastic personality make him a fan favorite and his trading cards and autographs top sellers in the niche sport.
See also: Top Rafael Nadal Cards to Collect
Rafael Nadal Tennis Card Guide
Early Autograph and Memorabilia Cards
- 2005 Ace Authentic Signature Series #7 Autograph #/100
- 2005 Ace Authentic Signature Series Signature Moments #SM5 Autograph
- 2005 Ace Authentic Signature Series Court Kings #CK4 Shirt #/250
- 2005 Ace Authentic Signature Series Court Kings #CK4 Jersey Logo 1/1
Rafael Nadal Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Rafael Nadal's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Ace Authentic and Tristar.
Rafael Nadal Cut Signature Exemplar
Rafael Nadal Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Rafael Nadal signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Tennis players' signatures typically vary depending on the item signed. The most significant difference is present on tennis balls, which are notoriously difficult to sign as compared to flat items.
- The signature consists of two characters, neither of which are discernible as actual letters.
- The first character. or "R" includes an elongated loop on a 50-degree angle that extends into a fish-hook-like line with a slight curve at the end.
- The second character, or "N" more closely resembles a number "2."
Rafael Nadal Signed Tennis Ball
Rafael Nadal Signed Photograph
Rafael Nadal Apparel and Equipment Guide
Rafael Nadal's sponsorship and apparel deal with Nike, means that fans and collectors have a wide array of choices when it comes to purchasing authentic Rafael Nadal clothing and accessories. From his signature logo hats to his famous bandana the Nadal collection by Nike has something for everyone.