Rookie Card Year: 2012
Investment Rating: 6.0
Nick Foles is an enigma, wrapped in a riddle. Although he was taken early in the draft by the Philadelphia Eagles, Foles was a relatively overlooked quarterback, especially due to the hype around the other QBs in the 2012 rookie class. He has reappeared from time to time, occasionally delivering huge stat lines, and Nick Foles rookie cards have largely followed the ups and downs of his career.
Drafted by the Eagles in 2012, Foles put forth a strong 2013 season but couldn't find the same magic in 2014. This led to a trade that sent Foles to the St. Louis Rams. Short stints with the Rams and Kansas City Chiefs eventually gave way to his return to Philadelphia as a backup for Carson Wentz. The process came full circle when Wentz went down with a season-ending injury and Foles guided the Eagles to a Super Bowl LII win.
Nick Foles has nearly 40 rookie card to chase and many feature certified autographs. These signed versions are naturally the most popular and also tend to produce the highest values. The checklist below compiles the full lineup for the quarterback.
In addition, see our top list for a breakdown of the best Nick Foles rookie cards to collect.
Nick Foles Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
- 2012 Bowman #171
- 2012 Prestige #232
- 2012 Score #360
- 2012 Topps #186
- 2012 Topps Magic #97
- 2012 Topps Prime Retail #5
- 2012 Topps Strata Retail #124
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2012 Absolute #224 Autograph Jersey #/299
- 2012 Panini Black #R18 Autograph Jersey #/349
- 2012 Panini Certified #341 Autograph Jersey #/499
- 2012 Panini Contenders #218 Autograph (print run of 550)
- 2012 Panini Crown Royale #274 Autograph Patch #/349
- 2012 Panini Gridiron #309 Autograph Jersey #/249
- 2012 Panini Limited #218 Autograph Jersey #/299
- 2012 Panini Momentum #126 Autograph Jersey #/499
- 2012 Panini National Treasures #318 Autograph Patch #/99
- 2012 Panini Playbook #199 Autograph Patch Book Card #/149
- 2012 Panini Prime Signatures #263 Autograph #/199
- 2012 Panini Prominence Class Letter Signature #220 #/125
- 2012 Panini Prominence Team Patch Logo Signature #220 #/125
- 2012 Panini Prominence Field Plate Signature #220 #/125
- 2012 Panini Prominence Helmet Signature #220 #/125
- 2012 Panini Prominence Jersey Prime Signature #231 #/125
- 2012 Panini Rookies & Stars #241 Autograph Jersey #/499
- 2012 Panini Totally Certified #224 Autograph Jersey #/199
- 2012 Topps Five Star #172 Autograph Patch #/100
- 2012 Topps Triple Threads #104 Autograph Jersey #/99
- 2012 Topps Valor #96 Autograph #/170
Nick Foles Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Nick Foles's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Tristar and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Nick Foles Cut Signature Exemplar
Nick Foles Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Nick Foles signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
- Signature is usually written on an even horizontal plane with a lean to the right.
- The letter "N" is printed.
- The letter "i" is implied by a dot.
- The letter "c" is absent, with the letter "k" resembling a cursive "l" at about a 45 degree angle and resting on a lower case "n."
- The letter "F" looks much like a number "7."
- The only other visible letter is the "l" written at the same angle as the loop of the "k."