Rookie Card Year: 2012
Investment Rating: 7.5
Nick Foles is an enigma, wrapped in a riddle. Although he was taken early in the draft by the Philadelphia Eagles, Foles was a relatively overlooked quarterback, especially due to the top-tier QB's that emerged from the 2012 rookie class. He has reappeared from time to time, sometimes with huge stat lines, only to lose out to Michael Vick in the ongoing quarterback shuffle in Philadelphia. If Foles ever gets a legitimate change to start, along with Michael Vick being traded or cut, he has a shot to put up big numbers in Chip Kelly's offense, and Nick Foles cards will start to move.
While he began his college career at Michigan State, Nick Foles ultimately transferred to Arizona, where he was the starting quarterback in 2010 and 2011. The Eagles selected Foles in the third round with the 88th overall pick.
Originally tasked with backing-up the oft-injured Michael Vick, strong play by Foles resulted in a ongoing quarterback competition that became a theme with the Eagles. Once Chip Kelly took over as head coach, the quarterback spot was wide open once more, but Vick prevailed. However, Vick battled injury issues in 2013, opening the door for Foles. During a regular season game against the Oakland Raiders, Foles complied a stat line reminiscent of a Madden game. He totaled seven touchdowns on the day, tying the all-time single-game record, along with over 400 yards, zero interceptions and a perfect passer rating. Only time will tell if this is the start of a historic career or just one great outlier performance, similar to Matt Flynn. Regardless, collectors are taking notice of the young quarterback and Nick Foles cards are seeing a tremendous increase in interest and value.
Nick Foles has nearly 40 rookie card to chase and many feature certified autographs. Cards are currently the best way to obtain his signature as there are not a ton of authentic autographed memorabilia options.
Top Nick Foles Rookie Cards
Limited to just 99 serial numbered copies, the National Treasures rookie card presents a simplistic design that allows the various elements to speak for themselves. The card contains a multi-color patch inset in a shield shape. The card also has an on-card signature. Foles has other autographed and memorabilia cards within the product, but this is the only true rookie card.
The Five Star offering features a horizontal format that allows for a significantly larger photograph than National Treasures sample above. Serial numbered to 100, the card also features a memorabilia patch, albeit on that is much smaller. The card is accompanied by an on-card signature.
While some may argue that Foles has more attractive rookie cards than Triple Threads, the big draw here is the limited availability. Numbered to 99, it's one of his rarer rookies. Or is it? It actually has two different versions depending on the memorabilia window. Both copies are numbered to 99 making the total print run 198. The inclusion of a plain jersey swatch versus a patch and the use of a sticker autograph provides collectors the opportunity to own a higher-end card without having to pay quite as much as Five Star or National Treasures.
Nick Foles Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2012 Absolute #224 Autograph Jersey #/299
- 2012 Panini Black #R18 Autograph Jersey #/349
- 2012 Panini Certified #341 Autograph Jersey #/499
- 2012 Panini Contenders #218 Autograph (print run of 550)
- 2012 Panini Crown Royale #274 Autograph Patch #/349
- 2012 Panini Gridiron #309 Autograph Jersey #/249
- 2012 Panini Limited #218 Autograph Jersey #/299
- 2012 Panini Momentum #126 Autograph Jersey #/499
- 2012 Panini National Treasures #318 Autograph Patch #/99
- 2012 Panini Playbook #199 Autograph Patch Book Card #/149
- 2012 Panini Prime Signatures #263 Autograph #/199
- 2012 Panini Prominence Rookie Class Letter Signature #220 #/125
- 2012 Panini Prominence Team Patch Logo Signature #220 #/125
- 2012 Panini Prominence Rookie Field Plate #220 #/125
- 2012 Panini Prominence Rookie Helmet Signature #220 #/125
- 2012 Panini Prominence Rookie Jersey Prime Signature #231 #/125
- 2012 Panini Rookies & Stars #241 Autograph Jersey #/499
- 2012 Panini Totally Certified #224 Autograph Jersey #/199
- 2012 Topps Five Star #172 Autograph Patch #/100
- 2012 Topps Triple Threads #104 Autograph Jersey #/99
- 2012 Topps Valor #96 Autograph #/170
Nick Foles Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Nick Foles's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Tristar and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Nick Foles Cut Signature Exemplar
Nick Foles Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Nick Foles signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
- Signature is usually written on an even horizontal plane with a lean to the right.
- The letter "N" is printed.
- The letter "i" is implied by a dot.
- The letter "c" is absent, with the letter "k" resembling a cursive "l" at about a 45 degree angle and resting on a lower case "n."
- The letter "F" looks much like a number "7."
- The only other visible letter is the "l" written at the same angle as the loop of the "k."
Nick Foles Signed Football Pricing:
Nick Foles Signed Jersey Pricing:
Nick Foles Signed Helmet Pricing:
Nick Foles Signed Jersey Pricing:
Nick Foles Philadelphia Eagles Signed Full Size Replica Helmet JSA
NICK FOLES EAGLES AUTOGRAPHED SIGNED JERSEY CUSTOM FRAMED JSA COA. VERY NICE.
NICK FOLES (Eagles) Signed SPORTS ILLUSTRATED with PSA DNA COA. Charity Sale!