Rookie Card Year: 2012-13
Investment Rating: 7.0
Overview- RC Checklist
Kyrie Irving is quickly helping Cleveland Cavaliers fans get rid of the sting they felt when LeBron James signed with the Miami Heat. The first overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, Irving arrived with plenty of fanfare. For collectors, though, there weren't any Kyrie Irving cards to collect for some time. Because of the shortened 2011-12 season, rookie cards were held back.
After signing an exclusive deal with Panini, the point guard figures prominently in their products. With the deal, Kyrie Irving cards can only appear in Panini's products. The deal also extends to autographed memorabilia, which is handled by the company's Panini Authentic line. Because of this, there are relatively few Irving autographs available on the secondary market.
Irving looks to be one of the NBA's top players for years to come. He's a high-scoring guard put in change of bringing the Cavaliers back to respectability. Having been a part of Duke's high-profile basketball program further adds to Irving's status in the hobby.
Ultimately, Kyrie Irving cards have a long road ahead of them. While he has the makings of a perennial All-Star, time will be the ultimate test. For those looking to collect Kyrie Irving rookie cards, they are available at all price points, including lots of high-end autographs. Collectors with a tighter budget may want to track down his 2012-13 Panini Prizm card. Not numbered and without a signature, it is affordable but from one of the year's breakthrough sets.
Kyrie Irving Rookie Card Checklist
Please note that this list will be updated as new 2012-13 products are released and the number of Kyrie Irving rookie cards expands.
Budget Rookie Cards
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2012-13 Absolute #151 Autograph #/199
- 2012-13 Contenders #250 Autograph
- 2012-13 Flawless #96 #/20
- 2012-13 Gold Standard #227 Autograph
- 2012-13 Intrigue #113 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2012-13 Limited #155 Autograph #/199
- 2012-13 National Treasures #101 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2012-13 Preferred #327 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2012-13 Preferred #409 Autograph #/79
- 2012-13 Threads #151 Autograph
- 2012-13 Timeless Treasures #212 Autograph #/399
- 2012-13 Select #151 Autograph #/149
- 2012-13 Select #236 Autographed Jersey #/149
Kyrie Irving Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Kyrie Irving's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Reputable authentication companies include JSA, PSA, Panini Authentic and Mounted Memories to name a few. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Kyrie Irving Cut Signature Exemplar
Kyrie Irving Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Kyrie Irving signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics, depending on when in his career the item was signed. Other characteristics that play into his signature style are the particular item and venue. Look for the following signature features:
- The whole signature primarily consists of two letters, the initials "K" and "I"
- The letter "K" features a distinctive closed loop
- The pen lifts to start the letter "I" which includes a closed loop resembling a lower-case cursive "L"
Kyrie Irving Signed Basketball Pricing:
Kyrie Irving Signed Jersey Pricing:
Kyrie Irving Signed 8x10 Photo Pricing:
For general information and player statistics visit: