Rookie Card Year: 2008
Investment Rating: 7.0
While the Baltimore Ravens defense gets a lot of the attention, quarterback Joe Flacco is finally starting to get a little more hobby love. That'll happen when you're the offensive leader on a Super Bowl champion. Other quarterbacks rise quickly. Joe Flacco cards are taking a slower, more consistent approach.
Baltimore drafted Flacco in the first round of the 2008 draft. His college career started at the University of Pittsburgh, but Flacco later transferred to Delaware. During his rookie season, the rookie QB started all 16 of Baltimore's regular season games and led the Ravens to the playoffs.
There is no shortage of Joe Flacco rookie cards. Released in 2008, there are more than three dozen choices for collectors. Many are tough to find and pricey, however there are still several first-year Joe Flacco cards that remain easy to find and affordable. Top options include 2008 Upper Deck Exquisite, 2008 Playoff National Treasures and 2008 SP Authentic. Those on a tighter budget may want to look at 2008 Topps Chrome or 2008 Upper Deck.
When it comes to autographed Joe Flacco memorabilia, there isn't a ton. Because he has not been seen as an elite-level quarterback, Flacco hasn't signed any major deals. Pack-inserted Joe Flacco cards with certified autographs may be the best place to find them for the time being.
Top Joe Flacco Rookie Cards
A solid choice to serve as the core of a Joe Flacco rookie card collection, the Exquisite card features an on-card autograph and large patch piece. The card is serial numbered to just 99 copies. As appreciation for Flacco's game has increased, so have the realized prices of this card.
The National Treasures rookie card features a vertical layout and incorporates an on-card signature with a large piece of jersey patch. This card has held it's value over time, routinely trading for several hundred dollars.
Limited to 89 copies, this is Joe Flacco's most limited autographed memorabilia rookie card. The serial-numbered card features three swatches of game-used jersey and an autograph, albeit a sticker.
Joe Flacco Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2008 Absolute Memorabilia #270 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2008 Donruss Classics #219 Autograph #/399
- 2008 Donruss Elite #105 Autograph #/299
- 2008 Donruss Gridiron Gear #220 Autographed Jersey #/100
- 2008 Donruss Threads #271 Autograph #/120
- 2008 Leaf Limited #321 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2008 Leaf Rookies & Stars #230 Autograph #/99
- 2008 Playoff Contenders #151 Autograph Print Run: 220
- 2008 Playoff National Treasures #112 Autographed Patch #/99
- 2008 SP Authentic #295 Autographed Jersey #/999
- 2008 SP Authentic Retail #148 Autograph
- 2008 SP Rookie Threads #JF53 Autograph Letter Patch #/41 - 252 total cards
- 2008 SPx #162 Autographed Jersey #/599
- 2008 Topps Triple Threads #104 Autographed Jersey #/89
- 2008 Upper Deck Exquisite #170 Autographed Patch #/99
- 2008 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection #219 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2008 Upper Deck Premier #118 Autographed Jersey #/275
Joe Flacco Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Joe Flacco's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Tristar, Steiner and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Joe Flacco Cut Signature Exemplar
Joe Flacco Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Joe Flacco signature autograph is very difficult to replicate and will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Rice's signature has been very consistent through the years, so regardless of the item being signed or the time period in which it was signed, look for the following signature features:
Joe Flacco Signature Characteristics
- The entire signature is written on a horizontal plane with just a slight elevation of about 15 degrees.
- Defined by the over-sized letters "J" and "F."
- The "J" displays two closed loops with the top bigger than the bottom. The top loop also leans to the left.
- The letters "o-e" are implied by the line and character coming off of the "J."
- The letter "F" shows a unique flair on the top cross, which comes back and to the the left.
- the middle line of the "F" is used to start the pen into the letter "l" which is narrow and showing minimal loop.
- Again, the letters "a-c-c-o" are a bit implied with the pen stroke out of the" l" which resembles the letter "u."
Joe Flacco Signed Football Pricing:
Joe Flacco Signed Jersey Pricing:
Joe Flacco Signed Helmet Pricing:
Joe Flacco Signed Photograph Pricing:
Find out more about Joe Flacco cards and memorabilia by browsing these featured guides and resources below:
For general information and player statistics visit: