Rookie Card Year: 2010
Investment Rating: 7.0
Dez Bryant is many things, but he is definitely not boring. The outspoken and combative receiver is part Terrell Owens and part Pacman Jones. When he is on his game, he is among the best receivers in the league. But he has made a habit of letting his emotions control him and that is something that could eventually destroy his career. For now, fans and collectors are content to watch the show and see what happens next. Love him or hate him, Dez Bryant cards are popular with collectors and look to remain that way because of his productivity.
Dez Bryant attended Oklahoma State University and after two years, seemed on the verge of something big. However, due to impermissible interactions with former NFL great, Deion Sanders, Bryant was suspended for the majority of the 2009 college season. Soon after, he declared for the 2010 NFL Draft. Although at one point Bryant was projected as a top ten pick, and possibly number one overall, his off-the-field issues caused him to drop to the 24th pick, where the Dallas Cowboys traded up to select him.
Bryant performed well in the NFL during his first two seasons, but he still struggled with his immaturity. Multiple incidents led to many questions about how long he would be able to stay in the NFL. However, a breakout year in 2012 showed what he was capable of, and he continued that level of production in 2013 and 2014.
At this point, the only thing that can stop Dez Bryant is Dez Bryant. Fans and collectors hope that he directs that emotion against the rest of the NFL. If that happens, look for big gains in his card values.
There are almost 30 rookie Dez Bryant cards to collect. Over a third include Bryant's signature and comprise the most popular options. Besides official NFL rookie cards, Upper Deck has a few college-themed cards that are also popular: Exquisite, SPx and SP Authentic.
Top Dez Bryant Rookie Cards
This card is about as high-end as it gets when it comes to Dez Bryant rookie cards. The low-numbered card has a large, multi-color patch, and on-card autograph. His autograph has changed significantly since entering the NFL.
A very popular alternative to the National Treasures card, the 2010 Topps Triple Threads Dez Bryant rookie card also features memorabilia, but typically includes standard one-color jersey swatches. Despite its sticker autograph, it is a fairly well-designed card and is limited to 99 copies.
Dez Bryant Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2010 Absolute Memorabilia #215 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2010 Certified #281 Autographed Jersey #/349
- 2010 Crown Royale #227 Autograph #/299
- 2010 Epix #231 Autograph #/300
- 2010 Limited #210 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2010 Gridiron Gear #260 Autographed Jersey #/293
- 2010 Plates and Patches #211 Plates and Patches #/599
- 2010 Playoff Contenders #211A Autograph, Print Run of 360 (blue jersey)
- 2010 Playoff Contenders #211B Autograph, Print Run of 360 (white jersey)
- 2010 Playoff National Treasures #311 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2010 Rookies & Stars #268 Autograph #/200
- 2010 Threads #168 Autograph #/270
- 2010 Topps Triple Threads #108 Autographed Jersey #/99
Dez Bryant Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Dez Bryant's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Tristar, and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Dez Bryant Cut Signature Exemplar
Dez Bryant Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Dez Bryant signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. However, depending on the type of item signed or in what setting, his signature characteristics can change.
Dez Bryant Signature Characteristics
- The entire signature is defined by four characters, with only two being legible.
- The size of the characters is consistent and written on an even plane.
- The letter "D" is closed and includes a tail extending to the left off off the top and back portion of the letter.
- The next character is implied to be the letters "e-z", but looks more of like a printed, capital letter "J" with a horizontal line extending to the left off off the top of the letter.
- The letter "B" is clear and distinguishable with open loops resembling the number "3."
- The final character looks like an incomplete lower-case cursive letter "l."
Dez Bryant Signed Football Pricing:
Dez Bryant Signed Jersey Pricing:
Dez Bryant Signed Photograph Pricing:
For general information and player statistics visit: