Rookie Card Year: 2010
Investment Rating: 8.0
An MLB legend, Buster Posey rookie cards remain popular in the hobby as his career winds down. He was drafted by the San Francisco Giants in 2008 and made his MLB debut the next season. The accolades piled up over the years, including NL Rookie of the Year (2010), NL MVP (2012) and seven All-Star appearances, to go with three World Series titles. Today, he's not only one of the most collectible catchers but Buster Posey cards and memorabilia are among the most popular in all of baseball.
The earliest Buster Posey cards fall into two categories, which can be confusing for collectors. Some of his most valuable cards aren't even true rookie cards by traditional definitions, but instead are his prospect cards from 2008 and 2009. His first official rookie cards are from the 2010 season. Because of the redundant nature of many prospects cards from 2008 and 2009, below you will find Posey's key 2008 prospect cards.
Buster Posey Rookie and Prospect Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
High-End Rookie Cards
Top Buster Posey Prospect Cards
- 2008 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks Prospects #BDPP128 Autograph
- 2008 Bowman Sterling #BSBPB Autograph
- 2008 Donruss Elite Extra Edition #177 #/934 Autograph
- 2008 Playoff Contenders #63 Autograph
- 2008 Playoff Prime Cuts #108 #/249 Autograph
- 2008 Playoff Prime Cuts #108 #/249 Autographed Jersey
Buster Posey Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find examples of what an authentic Buster Posey autograph looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Tristar and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full-size photos.
Buster Posey Cut Signature Exemplar
Buster Posey Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Buster Posey signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
- Buster Posey's signature is defined by an oversized letter "B" and a unique letter "P."
- The Letter "B" contains two open loops with a slight tail at the beginning and end of the pen stroke.
- The pen lifts to start a discernible letter "u."
- An odd, almost backward-looking letter "P" consists of two pen strokes, a slightly curved vertical line, and a character that looks like a cartoon caption bubble.
- A slightly curved horizontal line separates the letter "P" from a legible letter "y" which contains a downward loop.
- Posey usually inscribes his jersey number "28."
Buster Posey Signed Baseball Pricing:
Buster Posey Signed Bat Pricing:
Buster Posey Signed Jersey Pricing:
Buster Posey Signed Photograph Pricing: