Date of Birth: 5/25/1978
Rookie Card Year: 2000
Investment Rating: 7.0
Even in retirement, Brian Urlacher rookie cards and autographed memorabilia command solid values. Now in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, his hobby status should maintain consistent values for years to come.
Brian Urlacher is one of the greatest defensive players in the storied history of the Chicago Bears. Although defensive players do not normally carry the same hobby value or popularity as their offensive counterparts, he was one of the most popular NFL players during his prime.
Urlacher has nearly 50 rookie cards from 2000 sets that fall across all budgets. The two autographed Brian Urlacher rookie cards are the clear favorites, but many low-numbered rookies are also popular. Some of the key Brian Urlacher rookies are covered below and the full RC checklist can be viewed by using the tab above.
Top Brian Urlacher Rookie Cards
The cornerstone of any Brian Urlacher rookie collection is his 2000 Playoff Contenders Rookie Ticket autograph. This card features a hard-signed autograph and a training camp photo along with the ticket motif common to the brand. While the print run is unknown, the demand is very strong.
This is an intriguing Brian Urlacher card from Upper Deck. Although not as popular as the Contenders card, the die-cut relic in the SPx logo makes it stand out and the on-card signature is a huge bonus. Still, the placement of the "X" is a little awkward from a design perspective.
The 2000 SPx card is serial numbered to 2,000 copies, meaning there is decent supply. This also keeps prices more reasonable.
Even without a signature, the 2000 SP Authentic rookie for Urlacher is notable and one of his top-selling cards. A print run of 1,250 copies helps value a lot, as does the classic UD look. They can actually be a little tricky to locate at times but this is arguably the best-looking Brian Urlacher rookie card available. He also has a Sign of the Times autograph in the set.
When it comes to rookie cards, Bowman Chrome has long been a favorite amongst collectors. Despite not having an autograph or memorabilia piece, the 2000 Bowman Chrome card is one of the main Urlacher rookies submitted for grading. Naturally, the Refractor versions are the most popular and valuable.
His Topps Chrome rookie (#/1,650) receives even more attention but the rarity makes for limited availability.
Brian Urlacher Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
- 2000 Absolute #161 #/3000
- 2000 Bowman #178
- 2000 Collector's Edge EG #155
- 2000 Collector's Edge Masters #208 #/1000
- 2000 Collector's Edge Odyssey #110 #/999
- 2000 Collector's Edge Odyssey Retail #110
- 2000 Collector's Edge Supreme #190 #/2000
- 2000 Collector's Edge T3 #161 #/999
- 2000 Collector's Edge T3 Retail #161
- 2000 Dominion #242 Urlacher/Moore
- 2000 Donruss #153 #/1325
- 2000 Donruss Elite #138 #/1500
- 2000 Fleer Focus #209 #/3999
- 2000 Fleer Gamers #112
- 2000 Fleer Tradition #309
- 2000 Leaf Certified #157 #/2000
- 2000 Leaf Rookies and Stars #182 #/1000
- 2000 Metal #274
- 2000 Pacific Prism Prospects #116 #/1000
- 2000 Paramount #45
- 2000 Playoff Momentum #137 #/750
- 2000 Quantum Leaf #312
- 2000 Score #288
- 2000 SkyBox #225
- 2000 Topps #383
- 2000 Topps Stars #170
- 2000 Upper Deck #251
- 2000 UD Encore #251
- 2000 UD Gold Reserve #179 #/2500
- 2000 UD Graded #111 #/1325
- 2000 UD Ionix #97 #/2000
- 2000 UD Legends #105 #/2000
- 2000 UD MVP #192
- 2000 UD Ovation #77 #/2500
- 2000 UD Pros and Prospects #93 #/1000
- 2000 UD Ultimate Victory #94 #/2000
- 2000 UD Victory #274
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
- 2000 Black Diamond #166 Jersey
- 2000 Bowman's Best #112 #/1499
- 2000 Bowman Chrome #178
- 2000 E-X #140 #/1500
- 2000 Fleer Showcase #131 #/2000
- 2000 Finest #151 #/2400
- 2000 Greats of the Game #132 #/500
- 2000 Leaf Limited #423 Jersey #/1000
- 2000 Topps Chrome #253 #/1650
Premium Rookie Cards
Brian Urlacher Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find examples of what an authentic Brian Urlacher autograph looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Leaf, Tristar, Schwartz Sports and Mounted Memories.
Brian Urlacher Cut Signature Exemplars
Brian Urlacher Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Brian Urlacher signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. However, Urlacher's signature does vary depending on the type of venue or environment in which he is signing. Most often this is a result of a time factor involved and/or the number of people to sign for.
- The first name is often simply implied by the letter "B", which typically has at least one tail, usually at the top of the letter.
- When the first name is spelled out, the letter "n" is implied.
- The last name consists of two letters, "U-l".
- The pen lifts between the letter "U" and the letter "l".
- The letter "l" is usually a vertical line but a small elongated loop is sometimes visible.
Signed Football Pricing:
Signed Jersey Pricing:
Signed Helmet Pricing (Full-size and Mini):
Signed Photograph Pricing:
For general information and player statistics visit: