Date of Birth: 8/24/1986
Rookie Card Year: 2009
Investment Rating: 7.0
The unexpected success of Arian Foster had collectors searching through their card stockpiles in hopes of discovering some of the running back's top rookie cards. Arian Foster came out of nowhere to lead the league in rushing in 2010, firmly planting himself among the NFL's elite running backs. It was easy for collectors to overlook Arian Foster cards as the Tennessee star went undrafted.
Foster signed with the Houston Texans in 2009 and spent the majority of the season on the practice squad before getting a chance at playing time near the end of the year. His breakout year took place in 2010 when he took over for an under-producing Steve Slaton. When healthy, Foster has proven to be one of the most productive running backs in football.
Given the progress of the Houston Texans as a team and the young Texan's early success, the long-term outlook appears to be very strong for Arian Foster cards and memorabilia. As long as he avoids the injury bug, look for Foster to consistently compete as one of the best running backs in the NFL. With prices still very reasonable, now is the time for collectors to stock up on Arian Foster cards and memorabilia. Given his early career successes, values should steadily push higher.
Because he wasn't drafted out of college, Foster has just 15 rookie cards. Of those, only one is autographed. Understandably, collectors treat it as the best of all Arian Foster's rookie cards.
Top Arian Foster Rookie Cards
The top rookie card by default, Bowman Sterling features the only autographed Arian Foster rookie. Even though it has a higher print run of 599 copies and uses a sticker autograph, the fact that it has no competition will guarantee its top-billing among all first-year Arian Foster cards.
Arian Foster Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
- 2009 Absolute Memorabilia #107 #/499
- 2009 Absolute Memorabilia Retail #107 #/499
- 2009 Donruss Classics #157 #/999
- 2009 Donruss Elite #106 #/999
- 2009 Donruss Gridiron Gear #108 #/999
- 2009 Donruss Rookies and Stars #120 #/999
- 2009 Donruss Rookies and Stars Longevity #120 #/999
- 2009 Donruss Threads #107 #/999
- 2009 Donruss Threads Retail #107 #/999
Premium Rookie Cards
Arian Foster Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find examples of what an authentic Arian Foster signature autograph looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Tristar, Leaf and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Cut Signature Exemplar
Arian Foster Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Arian Foster autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
- Over-sized letter "A" flows into an implied letter "r"
- A dotted letter "i" and letter "n" are distinguishable
- Pronounced letter "F" is used to also create an over-sized letter "o" from the cross of the "f"
- The letter "F-o" combination creates a diagonal line through the eye starting at about the 1-o'clock position as part of an implied letter "s"
- The letter "t" is the only other discernible letter in the last name with a tailing pen stroke off of it
- Signature is almost always accompanied by his jersey number
Signed Football Pricing:
Signed Jersey Pricing:
Signed 8x10 Photo Pricing:
Signed Helmet Pricing (Full-size and Mini):
For general information and player statistics visit: