Rookie Card Year: 1985-86
Investment Rating: 6.5
Al MacInnis cards and autographed memorabilia are well respected by fans and collectors. MacInnis is a former playoff MVP while leading the Calgary Flames to the 1989 Stanley Cup. He would go on to win the Norris Trophy as the league's best defenseman while with the St. Louis Blues.
The lone Al MacInnis rookie card comes from the 1985-86 O-Pee-Chee set. He has a minor league card that was issued in 1982-83 while playing for the Kitchener Rangers that is also popular with collectors.
MacInnis' first certified autograph cards were issued in 1997-98 Be A Player. Two parallels of the card were also printed. Both are die-cut and one has a reflective technology applied to it. That card is a Prismatic Die-Cut and is numbered to 100.
His first memorabilia card was produced as part of the 1998-99 Upper Deck Hockey Game Jerseys insert set.
Al MacInnis' autographed memorabilia is relatively affordable. However, items from the Calgary Flames' 1989 Stanley Cup Championship do carry a premium.
Al MacInnis Rookie Card
These simply designed cards are well known for their condition issues with centering. Additionally the cutting process often left one edge very fuzzy. As a result, cards that have been professionally graded and receive high marks sell for a significant premium.
Al MacInnis Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Al MacInnis' authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Tristar, and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Al MacInnis Cut Signature Exemplar:
Al MacInnis Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Al MacInnis signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item, or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
Al MacInnis Signature Characteristics
- The signature is written in cursive with a unique and fluid writing style.
- The letter "A" is the second largest letter. It is defined by the way it is crossed in a loop so that it connects the two angled vertical lines.
- The "l" is repeated for some reason that his name appears as "A-l-l."
- The "M" is much smaller than the "A."
- The "a-c" is implied a the pen slows int a very large "I" that resembles an over-sized cursive "l."
- The "n's" are present with the first more discernible than the second.
- The "i" is implied by a haphazardly placed dot.
- The "s" resembles more of an "o".
- His jersey number "2" is often inscribed.
Al MacInnis Signed Puck Pricing:
Al MacInnis Signed Jersey Pricing:
Al MacInnis Signed Stick Pricing:
Al MacInnis Signed Photograph Pricing:
For general information about Al MacInnis, including his player statistics, visit: