For a release with a 200-card base set, 2014-15 Panini Gold Standard Basketball has a lot of variations. In past years, variations showing nomadic players on different teams were a running theme. This set is no different. However, it also adds some more basic photo variations to the mix as well. Factor in a short print scenario and you've got a bigger challenge for an already challenging set.
Although the checklist released by Panini mentions just one Photo Variation for a group of 15 players, there are more than that. Early on, several of these players have a base card as well as two variations. Panini hasn't confirmed if this is the case for all or some, but they're definitely out there. For example, Kobe Bryant has cards with him in yellow, purple and black jerseys. At this point, it's also unknown if some are short prints and to what extent.
The number of Team Variations varies from player to player. In the case of Chris Webber, he has a total of seven cards. According to Panini, players with Team Variations still have 285 total cards, no matter how many teams they're shown with. To further complicate things, rarity of these cards is tied to how long they spent with the team. Some of the Team Variations have as few as ten copies each.
You can see both the 2014-15 Panini Gold Standard Basketball Photo Variations and Team Variations by using the tabs below. For the Team Variations, we've also included how long each player spent with specific teams to give you an idea of which ones are likely the toughest to find.
2014-15 Panini Gold Standard Basketball Photo Variations
Please note that this is a work in progress. We suspect there are several more to be added.
Parallels of white and blue jerseys also spotted.
2014-15 Panini Gold Standard Basketball Team Variations
Please note that the following images are mock-ups from Panini and do not show serial numbers.
- Cleveland Cavaliers - 548 GP
- Miami Heat - 294 GP
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Memphis Grizzlies - 476 GP
- Los Angeles Lakers - 429 GP
- Chicago Bulls
- Phoenix Suns - 660 GP
- Miami Heat - 58 GP
- Toronto Raptors - 27 GP
- Dallas Mavericks - 361 GP
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Golden State Warriors - 29 GP
- New York Knicks - 35 GP
- Houston Rockets - 153 GP
- Los Angeles Lakers
- Philadelphia 76ers - 697 GP
- Denver Nuggets - 135 GP
- Detroit Pistons - 54 GP
- Memphis Grizzlies - 3 GP
- Philadelphia 76ers - 25 GP
- Charlotte/New Orleans Hornets - 381 GP
- Golden State Warriors - 227 GP
- Los Angeles Clippers - 183 GP
- Cleveland Cavaliers - 15 GP
- New York Knicks - 29 GP
- Charlotte Hornets - 215 GP
- Miami Heat - 407 GP
- New Jersey Nets - 30 GP
- Miami Heat - 186 GP
- Chicago Bulls - 833 GP
- Houston Rockets - 50 GP
- Portland Trail Blazers - 272 GP
- Chicago Bulls - 23 GP
- Golden State Warriors - 400 GP
- New York Knicks - 351 GP
- Minnesota Timberwolves - 162 GP
- Golden State Warriors - 76 GP
- Washington Bullets/Wizards - 212 GP
- Sacramento Kings - 377 GP
- Philadelphia 76ers - 114 GP
- Detroit Pistons - 43 GP
- Golden State Warriors - 9 GP