2011 TriStar TNA Signature Impact WrestlingBrand: Tristar
2011 TriStar Signature Impact Wrestling Product Review
Reviewed by Doug Cataldo
Good:While comparable to other TriStar wrestling products, this one has elements that are all its own. You'll find seven guaranteed hits per box including three autographed cards, a memorabilia card and two parallels numbered to 50 or less. Depending on the wrestler that appears on your box, inside will be a short-printed card of either Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair or Sting. There are a ton of autographs to be found from all members of the Impact Wrestling team, ranging from champions to announcers. Autograph cards are numbered to 99, 25, 5 or 1. Also, the memorabilia cards, which are numbered to 199 or less, are among the most accountable in the industry. The swatches on the card match the gear worn in the photo. There are only 2,160 serial numbered boxes of the product made.
Bad: If you're a wrestling fan, there really isn't a downside. Each box delivers a solid amount of hits and, usually, one great pull.
The Bottom Line: 2011 TriStar TNA Signature Impact Wrestling delivers some of the best value per box in the hobby. Whether you want hits from the greatest grapplers of all-time like Flair, Hogan, Angle, Sting or RVD, the new generation of stars including Eric Young, Kendrick, Gunner, Murphy and Magnus or the smoking-hot Knockouts such as Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Tara, Winter and Miss Tessmacher, you have a three chances at scoring big . While she is no longer with the company you will even find autographs from the enigma known as Chyna.
Card Design: 4.0/5.0
Signature Impact has a simple design featuring a blue border, a bold white font that's easy to read and brilliant color photos. The autographed cards have a glitter element added to them, a trait that has been carried over from previous TNA releases. They have come a long way from the initial TNA Impact product. They have yet to use any hobby gimmicks on the TNA cards, preferring to let the images do the talking. They could step it up a notch with a more creative design and different paper stocks in the future.
You couldn't ask for a better checklist from the Impact roster. You've got household names, upcoming stars and the best lineup of female wrestlers to ever appear in a wrestling card collection. Additionally, the autographs and memorabilia options have never been better in a TNA set. Each box guarantees a multi-autograph and you might find one with up to eight signatures on a single card. The only names missing from the signature list are Devon and Bully Ray, better known as Team 3D.
Simply put, the TriStar TNA cards are gaining momentum with each release. Several of the autographs of the legendary Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair have fetched big numbers on eBay and the trend will continue here with even more signatures per card and more big-name stars such as Matt and Jeff Hardy, Mickie James. There is even a one-of-one cut signature of the recently departed “Macho Man" Randy Savage. Seven out of 20 packs have hits or inserts, including some incredible money cards.
The Fun Factor: 5.0/5.0
If you're an Impact Wrestling fan, expect to be blown away by this one. Each pack has a great assortment of wrestlers and relives many of their greatest moments inside the squared circle with the company. Signature Impact sports a solid design, great checklist and so many guaranteed hits, all for around $80. If you got in on the National Sports Collectors Convention Championship Package, you not only got the box of cards, but an additional TNA autographed card, a special OBAK TNA set and the opportunity to meet Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, Mr. Anderson and Tara, take a photo with them and get all of their autographs. It was a once-in-a-lifetime deal that will hopefully be duplicated next year with a new group of wrestlers. That experience redefined fun.
Although TNA Wrestling might not get nearly the ratings that WWE does, their wrestling card sets are some of the best ever made. The mix of professional wrestling legends and TriStar's focus on limited autographs have made each of the company's TNA releases a reasonably priced box break. The trend continues with the extremely limited TNA Signature Impact Wrestling. A total of 90 24-box cases will be made. Each case guarantees to include autographs from all-time greats Hulk Hogan and either Sting or Ric Flair.
Estimated Release Date: 8/3/11
Product Configuration: 20 packs per box, six cards per pack
Price Point: Mid-End Wrestling Card
Target Audience: Professional Wrestling Fans, TNA Fans, Autograph Collectors, Hulkamanics
- Three Autograph Cards, One of Which Will Feature Multiple Signatures
- One Numbered Memorabilia Card
- Two Parallel Cards
- One Hulk Hogan, Sting or Ric Flair Short Print
- 120 Total Cards
- Base set: 99 cards, including nine short prints.
- Autograph checklist includes nearly 50 different signers including Chyna, who appeared briefly with the company in 2011. She hasn't had an autograph card in more than a decade. Matt Hardy also makes his TNA autograph debut.
- All autographs numbered to 99 or less.
- Every case is guaranteed to have a Hulk Hogan autograph and either Sting or Ric Flair.
- One autograph card in each box will feature multiple signatures (two to eight signers). These multi-signature cards highlight some of TNA's biggest feuds and factions.
- A special one-of-one cut signature card of "Macho Man" Randy Savage will be inserted.
- Memorabilia cards feature event-worn swatches. Autographed and quad versions also available.
- Ric Flair Letter Cards spell out his last name. Each letter includes a swatch from an Armani suit worn by Flair on TV.
- Parallels are numbered to 50 or less.
- As with previous TriStar TNA releases, boxes and cases are individually numbered.
- Hardcore collectors may want to chase the three different box designs featuring Hogan, Sting and Flair. All will be made in equal numbers.
Here are the real time rankings of the 25 Most Popular 2011 Signature Impact Wrestling card auctions:
2011 TNA Signature Impact Box Price Comparisons