2011 Leaf Metal MMA Cards
Leaf is headed back to the canvas with 2011 Leaf Metal MMA, an all-autograph, all-chromium release. Like other Leaf Metal products, all signatures come hard-signed directly on the card. The set uses fighters from several global promotions and is not limited to just UFC. Superstar fighters include Alistair Overeem, Jon "Bones" Jones, and Cain Velasquez. Leaf also has 20 fighters signing cards for the first time. Production has been dramatically cut from Leaf's last MMA set, with just 150 12-box cases produced. Besides base autographs, collectors can chase Prismatic parallels and a handful of inserts like National Pride, Nicknames and Champions. The product also has a redemption for a pair of shorts worn by Gilbert Melendez during an official weigh-in.
Estimated Release Date: 3/16/12
Product Configuration: eight cards per box
Price Point: Mid- to High-End MMA Card
Target Audience: MMA Collectors, Autograph Collectors, Chromium Card Fans
2011 Leaf Metal MMA Box Break
- Eight Autographs
- Eight Total Cards
2011 Leaf Metal MMA Product Highlights:
- Every card in 2011 Leaf Metal MMA is a hard-signed autograph.
- Big-name signers include Alistair Overeem, Jon "Bones" Jones, Cain Velasquez, Cyborg Santos, Dominick Cruz and Arianny Celeste.
- First-time signers are highlighted by Rory MacDonald, Derek Brunson, Fabrico Werdum, George Mousasi and Megumi Fujii. In all, 2011 Leaf Metal MMA has 20 fighters with their first autograph cards.
- Like other Leaf Metal products, base and insert cards come with Prismatic parallels numbered as low as 1/1.
- National Pride features a horizontal design with the national flag of the fighter's home country in the background.
- Champions continues on from 201o Leaf MMA, showcasing the sport's title holders.
- Nicknames highlight some of the intimidating monikers fighters go by.
- Several Jon "Bones" Jones Promos have been inserted with inscriptions.
- One collector will pull a redemption for a pair of shorts worn by Gilbert Melendez during an official weigh-in.
- According to Leaf, with just 150 cases, the print run has been reduced 80% compared to their last MMA release.