Rookie Card Year: 2011
Investment Rating: 8.0
Cam Newton, the 2010 Heisman Trophy winner out of Auburn University, was the first overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. Selected by the Carolina Panthers, Newton was immediately anointed as the future of the franchise and given the starting quarterback position. A First-Team All-American and two-time National Champion, Newton's leadership and athletic abilities made him a highly coveted player. Never afraid of the spotlight, Newton immediately lived up to the hype. He set the rookie record for passing in an NFL game with 422 yards in his Panthers debut. Cam Newton cards and memorabilia took off immediately as well. Although they slowed some in his sophomore year, the long-term outlook is good.
Cam Newton rookie cards come from 2011 products. Pre-draft and college-themed cards from Sage, Upper Deck, Leaf or Press Pass are not included as they are not licensed by the NFL.
Top Cam Newton Rookie Cards
A beautifully designed card featuring an over-sized player worn jersey patch and on-card signature. Limited to just 99 copies, the card also pictures Newton dropped back and ready to pass. Parallel versions are also available ranging in numbering from 49 to 1-of-1.
Topps' answer to National Treasure and Exquisite, Five Star doesn't have quite the brand recognition just yet. For collectors, that could make this high-end card one to watch in the years ahead. At 199 copies, it's more plentiful than the National Treasures Cam Newton rookie card but still rare.
Not nearly as eye appealing as the previous Cam Newton RC but equally as limited. Newton's Triple Thread rookie card contains a 3-piece jersey swatch and autograph. The autograph is on a reflective sticker.
A beautiful, artistic card, it features a large image of Newton and an on-card autograph. Some may debate its status as an official rookie card as it's part of the Green parallel set. That said, he doesn't appear in the regular part of the set.
Cam Newton Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2011 Absolute Memorabilia #202 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2011 Crown Royale #228 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2011 National Treasures #328 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2011 Paini Certified #252 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2011 Panini Gold Standard #251 Autographed Jersey #/325
- 2011 Panini Gridiron Gear #R30 Autographed Jersey #/204
- 2011 Panini Limited #201 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2011 Panini Plates & Patches #201 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2011 Panini Playbook #107 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2011 Panini Prime Signatures #232 Autograph #/199
- 2011 Panini Threads #255 Autograph #/300
- 2011 Playoff Contenders #228 Autograph
- 2011 Rookies and Stars #251 Autograph #/299
- 2011 Timeless Treasures #142 Autograph #/163
- 2011 Topps Five Star #170 Autographed Patch #/199
- 2011 Topps Inception #135 Autographed #/50
- 2011 Topps Triple Threads #110 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2011 Totally Certified #207 Autographed Jersey #/299
Cam Newton Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find examples of what an authentic Cam Newton autograph looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Tristar, and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Cam Newton Cut Signature Exemplar
Cam Newton Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Cam Newton signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item signed or when in his career, look for these signature characteristics:
Cam Newton Signature Characteristics
- The entire signature is often written at a slight angle of about 10-15 degrees.
- Featuring very angled line, the letter "C" resembles an open triangle with a small straight line on the top tail.
- The letter "C" is used to cross a very narrow letter "a."
- Several letters are not legible and instead implied.
- The only other discernible letter is "t" which is crossed with a dramatic flair.
- He almost always includes the inscription of his jersey number "1" (NFL) or "2" (NCAA).
Cam Newton Signed Football Pricing:
Cam Newton Signed Jersey Pricing:
Cam Newton Signed Helmet Pricing (Full-size and Mini):
Cam Newton Signed Photograph Pricing:
Cam Newton Carolina Panthers Signed NFL Football JSA
Cam Newton Carolina Panthers Signed 16x20 Photo JSA
Cam Newton Auburn Tigers Carolina Panthers Signed 11x14 Photo JSA
Cam Newton Auburn Tigers Signed 11x14 Photo JSA
For general information and player statistics visit: