Rookie Card Year: 2009-10
Investment Rating: 7.5
James Harden cards are on the rise. After a surprise trade prior to the beginning of the 2012-13 season, Harden went from a role player on the Thunder to a franchise centerpiece with the Houston Rockets.
The fact that James Harden cards are gaining more attention really shouldn't be a surprise. The signs were there. He was named the 2012 NBA Sixth Man after averaging 16.8 points per game off the Thunder bench. Harden was also named to Team USA team that won gold at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.
With the Thunder, it would have been hard for Harden to escape the shadow of Kevin Durant. And even if he did, there was still Russell Westbrook in front of him. When the Rockets traded for the shooting guard, they made it no secret that Harden wouldn't just be a starter. He was the player they were going to build around. Harden was happy to oblige, making an immediate impact with his new team.
The days of cheap James Harden cards are over, at least when it comes to his premium rookie cards. And there's still room to grow. The addition of Dwight Howard has made the Rockets a contender. Should Houston win an NBA Championship, don't be shock to see Harden's prices go higher.
While it may not impact his play, Harden's trademark beard helps him further standout among his peers. It's this sort of edge that gives him more mainstream attention. In turn, such attention can only help Harden's standing in the hobby.
Few options currently exist for James Harden memorabilia outside of trading cards. Besides NBA jerseys and basketballs, Team USA memorabilia should hold strong long-term potential.
James Harden Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
- 2009-10 Bowman 48 #104 #/2009
- 2009-10 Panini Adrenalyn XL #119
- 2009-10 Greats of the Game #36
- 2009-10 Panini #303
- 2009-10 Panini #353
- 2009-10 Panini #400
- 2009-10 Panini Prestige #153
- 2009-10 Panini Prestige #203
- 2009-10 Studio #135
- 2009-10 Topps #319
- 2009-10 Upper Deck #227
- 2009-10 Upper Deck First Edition #188
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2009-10 Absolute Memorabilia #146 Autographed Jersey #/499
- 2009-10 Classics #163 Autograph #/499
- 2009-10 Donruss Elite #163 Autograph #/479
- 2009-10 Limited #153 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2009-10 Panini Certified #173 Autographed Jersey #/399
- 2009-10 Panini Crown Royale #104 Autograph #/599
- 2009-10 Panini Timeless Treasures #103 Autograph #/299
- 2009-10 Playoff Contenders #103 Autograph
- 2009-10 Playoff National Treasures #203 Autographed Patch #/99
- 2009-10 Rookies & Stars #133 Autograph #/449
- 2009-10 Upper Deck Exquisite #45 Autograph #/225
James Harden Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what James Harden's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well respected professional autograph authentication company. Reputable authentication companies include JSA, PSA, Panini Authentic, Upper Deck Authentic, Tristar and Mounted Memories to name a few. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Jame Harden Cut Signature Exemplar
James Harden Key Signature Attributes: An authentic James Harden signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics, regardless of the item signed or when it was signed. Look for the following signature features:
- Signed on a relatively even plane.
- The signature is represented by the letters "J", "H" and Harden's jersey number "#13."
- The "J" looks like a standard cursive capital letter, with a big loop on the top and smaller on the bottom.
- The pen does not lift and flows into an awkward but legible letter "H" which resembles a letter "W" and a crossed curved line.
- The inscription "#13" is usually included.
James Harden Signed Basketball Pricing
James Harden Signed Jersey Pricing
James Harden Signed Photograph Pricing
James Harden Signed Photo - Dunk Pop Out 20x32 Collage - Steiner -Item #4128200
Dig deeper into James Harden cards with these articles:
For general information and player statistics visit: