Rookie Card Year: 2011
Investment Rating: 7.0
Andy Dalton cards have been strong sellers since his debut. However, his values can easily go higher. He was one of several quarterbacks taken early in the 2011 NFL Draft. Although not as hyped as Cam Newton and Calvin Kaaepernick, Dalton quickly established himself as a player to watch with his mature play and great poise. Collectors have taken notice.
As he grows as a player and the team is filled in around him, Andy Dalton cards and memorabilia should see regular increases. Given his quick rise to starting quarterback, it seems the supply of Andy Dalton autographs has not caught up with demand so there are not many non-card signatures available now.
Collectors have more than 30 rookie Andy Dalton cards to choose from. Prices range from low-end cards to high-end collection cornerstones.
Top Andy Dalton Rookie Cards
Population reports current as of 10/13.
With a massive patch, on-card autograph, and print run of 99, the 2011 National Treasures Andy Dalton rookie card has it all. As a result, expect to pay a premium to get one. But as the quarterback's stock rises, so too will values on this card.
2011 National Treasures Andy Dalton RC BGS Population Report:
# Submitted: 37
Gem Mint 9.5: 19
Mint 9: 17
2011 National Treasures Andy Dalton RC PSA Population Report:
At this time no cards have been submitted to PSA for grading.
The 2011 Topps Five Star Andy Dalton has a smaller print run than his National Treasures rookie card. It also has a smaller patch swatch. The result is still a beautiful card, just not with the same overall pop as National Treasures.
A moderate print run plus an on-card autograph and multi-swatch jersey/leather piece make this one the most popular Andy Dalton cards. The color scheme is heavy on the Bengals' colors.
2011 Panini Absolute Andy Dalton RC BGS Population Report:
# Submitted: 7
Pristine 10: 0
Gem Mint 9.5: 2
Mint 9: 3
2011 Panini Absolute Andy Dalton RC PSA Population Report:
# Submitted: 2
Gem Mint 10: 1
Mint 9: 1
Although not technically on-card, this autographed leather piece is designed to resemble a football. The image of Dalton seems forced into the corner and hurts the overall look of the card. A limited print run adds to the appeal.
2011 prestige #207 andy dalton 4 card lot rc!
2011 Playoff Contenders ANDY DALTON Rookie Autograph Auto #225 MINT!!
2013 National Treasures Andy Dalton 6 10 Autograph
2011 topps #70b andy dalton(football in air) rc!
Andy Dalton Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2011 Absolute Memorabilia #201 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2011 Certified #251 Autographed Jersey #/499
- 2011 National Treasures #326 Autographed Patch #/99
- 2011 Panini Gold Standard #261 Autographed Jersey #/525
- 2011 Panini Gridiron Gear #R34 Autographed Jersey #/204
- 2011 Panini Limited #211 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2011 Panini Plates & Patches #211 Autographed Jersey #/499
- 2011 Panini Playbook #103 Autographed Jersey #/399
- 2011 Panini Prime Signatures #228 Autograph #/249
- 2011 Panini Threads #253 Autograph #/300 Redemption
- 2011 Playoff Contenders #225 Autograph
- 2011 Rookies and Stars #268 Autograph #/299
- 2011 Timeless Treasures #135 Autograph #/165
- 2011 Topps Five Star #161 Autographed Patch #/75
- 2011 Topps Triple Threads #122 Autographed Jersey #/99
Andy Dalton Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find examples of what an authentic Andy Dalton autograph looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Panini Authentic, Tristar and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Cut Signature Exemplars
Andy Dalton Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Andy Dalton signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. However, Dalton's signature changes depending on the type of venue or environment in which he is signing. Most often this is a result of a time factor involved and/or number of people to sign for.
First Example Signature Characteristics
- A fairly legible signature with distinguishable lettering
- Over-sized letter "a" features one of the vertical lines with a slight curvature
- The pen lifts to start the letter "n" which flows into the letter "d" which consists of an up and down pen stroke
- The letter "y" finishes the first name with a bit of a curl at the end of the letter
- The pen lifts a second time for the letter "D" which is open at the top left
- The pen lifts again to start the letter "a" which flows into an easily readable letter "l" and "t"
- The letter "o" is implied and a small letter "n" finishes the signature
Second Example Signature Characteristics
- The entire signature consists of just five letters "A-D-o-l-t"
- The letters "A" and "D" are connected with the right vertical line of the letter "A" beginning the letter "D" which is now closed and used to cross the letter "A"
- A half of a letter "o" is distinguishable that flows into a standard cursive letter "l" and "t"
- This signature style is often accompanied by his jersey number "14"
Signed Football Pricing:
Signed Jersey Pricing:
Signed 8x10 Photo Pricing:
Signed Helmet Pricing (Full-size and Mini):
For general information and player statistics visit: