Tips for Collecting Autographs During Spring Training
Spring Training is a prime time for fans and collectors to obtain autographs from MLB and MiLB players. During spring training players are much more approachable and well rested, making them much more likely to sign autographs.
Here are some tips for making the most out your Spring Training Autograph Hunting Experience:
Tips For Getting Signatures:
- Know the players that you are approaching. A little background knowledge can go a long way to making your search for signatures a successful one.
- Always be polite and respectful.
- Have a good quality ink pen and/or Sharpie on you at all times.
- Have one or more extra pens and/or Sharpies on you at all times, in the event that your primary writing utensil gives out on you unexpectedly.
- Never be rude or pushy when confronting players..
- Get there early when the gates open (usually 10 - 11AM).
- Baseball Cards - the most popular item to have autographed + the easiest to carry around in large to moderate quantities.
- Photos - preferably 8x10 photos or smaller
- Baseball Hats
- Jerseys - the most expensive option of them all