The Card Beat: Sports Collectibles News for May 21, 2013
We've traveled to the far corners of the World Wide Web to track down the top sports card and memorabilia stories for today, May 21, 2013. Here are the headlines, as reported by The Cardboard Connection and other leading news publications and blogs:
From The Cardboard Connection:
- Top 10 Selling Sports Card Hobby Boxes - Get a list of the top 10 selling sports card hobby boxes for the week of May 12-18, 2013 based on quantity of completed eBay sales.
- Art of Cards: 2013 Topps Museum Collection Canvas Collection Guide - Here's all you need to know about the 2013 Topps Museum Collection Canvas Collection inserts. Includes a full gallery, comprehensive checklist, artist list and more.
- Law of Cards: Upper Deck Files For Impel Trademark - Upper Deck is reviving a brand that’s likely known by early-90s Star Trek and comic card collectors — Impel. It’s the subject of a new Upper Deck trademark. Paul Lesko has the details and legal analysis.
- 2013 Panini Rookies & Stars Football Cards - Celebrating its 15th year, 2013 Panini Rookies & Stars Football features several familiar elements from the brand’s pigskin launch. Hobby boxes promise 2 autographs and 2 additional hits.
- 1996 Fleer/SkyBox Marvel Masterpieces Trading Cards - With its perfect storm of high quality and low quantity, 1996 Fleer/SkyBox Marvel Masterpieces is one of the most popular and valuable comic card sets of all-time. Get a full checklist, set info, buying guide and more.
Sports Collectibles News From Around the Internet:
- Panini America Breaks One Box of 2012-13 Brilliance Basketball, The Knight's Lance
- Fleer, Leaf Sales Had Little Effect on Topps 1959-63, Bob Lemke's Blog
- Sportkings Update, According to Dr. Price