Rookie Card Year: 2010-11
Investment Rating: 8.0
Tyler Seguin was selected as the second overall pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. Needless to say, expectations were high for Tyler Seguin cards and memorabilia. The 6'1" center has excellent speed and stick-handling ability. Despite being inserted in the Bruin's starting line-up at the beginning of his rookie season, he accounted for just 22 points, split evenly between goals (11) and assists (11). Seguin's slow start and lackluster regular season performance led to him sitting out the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. When injuries plagued the Bruins, Seguin finally made his postseason debut in the Eastern Conference Finals. Showing flashes of brilliance, he tallied seven points on three goals and four assists during the 13 remaining games of the playoffs and was there when the Bruins hoisted the Stanley Cup.
In a move that surprised some, Seguin was traded to the Dallas Stars following the 2012-13 season.
Tyler Seguin has a total of 22 rookie cards. Eleven are autographed, many of which have a jersey swatch or patch as well. Contributing to a Stanley Cup victory on an Original Six team in a sports-crazed town like Boston has already made Seguin a star among collectors. He has tremendous potential given his young age, making it not too late to invest in Tyler Seguin cards, autographs and other signed material.
Top Tyler Seguin Rookie Cards
The SP Authentic brand has been known for it's clean design and on-card rookie autographs as part of the Future Watch subset for several years. Seguin's issue is no different. The card showcases a bold signature and up close photograph.
A high-end card limited to just 99 serial numbered copies, Dominion features an on-card autograph and a sizable piece of memorabilia in the form of a jersey patch swatch.
The Cup is a collector favorite for its design elements which typically includes a large player image, multi-colored jersey patch and on-card signature. Also limited to just 99 copies Seguin's rookie card delivers the aforementioned components in a manner that make for a highly desirable trading card.
Tyler Seguin Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2010-11 Panini Certified #190 Autographed Jersey #/499 Redemption
- 2010-11 Panini Crown Royale #117 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2010-11 Panini Dominion #232 Autographed Patch #/99
- 2010-11 Panini Luxury Suite #128 Autographed Jersey #199
- 2010-11 SP Authentic #301 Autograph #/999
- 2010-11 SPx #196 Autographed Jersey #/499
- 2010-11 Upper Deck The Cup #179 Autographed Patch #/99
- 2010-11 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection #141 Autograph #/99
- 2010-11 Zenith #211 Autograph #/199
10-11 SPX TYLER SEGUIN ROOKIE RC 3CLR SPECTRUM PATCH AUTO 25 L@@K HOT 3CLR
2010-11 SP Authentic Tyler Seguin Future Watch #301 RC Rookie 283 999 KSA 10 GEM
TYLER SEGUIN RC QUAD ROOKIE #221 BLACK DIAMOND 2010
2010-11 UD Upper Deck Young Guns RC # 456 TYLER SEGUIN with Victory ROOKIE
TYLER SEGUIN 10-11 CROWN ROYALE HEIRS TO THE THRONE CP JERSEY MATERIAL
Tyler Seguin Ice Breakers Rink Collection Rookie card #203
Tyler Seguin 10 11 OPC O-Pee-Chee #536 Marquee Rookie - RC
2010-11 UPPER DECK YOUNG GUNS # 500 SEGUIN PAAJARVI CHECKLIST RC BGS 9.5 # 2
2010-11 UPPER DECK YOUNG GUNS # 500 SEGUIN PAAJARVI CHECKLIST RC BGS 9.5 # 1
Tyler Seguin Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find examples of what an authentic Tyler Seguin autograph looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner and Mounted Memories.
Tyler Seguin Cut Signature Exemplar:
Tyler Seguin Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Tyler Seguin signature autograph is very unique, hard to fake and will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
- The entire signature consists of two primary characters and is written on an angle of about 30 degrees.
- The letter "T" is over-sized and resembles a large "7" with a loose "m" drawn through the middle.
- The second character resembles a large, lowercase cursive "y" with a short horizontal line through the middle of the vertical line which contains a small curl at the end.
- A dot implying the letter 'i' is present.
- Seguin almost always inscribes his signature with his jersey number "91."
Tyler Seguin Signed Puck Pricing:
Tyler Seguin Signed Jersey Pricing:
Tyler Seguin Signed Stick Pricing:
Tyler Seguin Signed Photograph Pricing: