Rookie Card Year: 2002-03
Investment Rating: 6.0
One of hockey's top snipers, Rick Nash cards and autograph memorabilia still have the potential of increasing in value. With the Rangers looking to build a Stanley Cup winner, trading for Nash was a big piece of the puzzle. A proven scorer with size and speed, Nash is just the type of player the Rangers needed. Moving to a media-frenzied market like New York gives Nash a lot more exposure. Increased demand for his collectibles coupled with postseason success will result in rising prices for his key rookie cards and other memorabilia.
Rick Nash has 43 different rookie cards. They can be found in numerous products from the 2002-03 season. While this number might seem excessive, it does provide collectors a lot of choice with cards at multiple price points.
Nash was a highly touted prospect from the CHL's high profile London Knights team. He also has a handful of desirable pre-rookie cards including 2000-01 Upper Deck CHL Prospects, a 2001-02 SPx Rookie Redemption and a 2001-02 Upper Deck Top Shelf Rookie Redemption.
His first certified autograph and memorabilia cards were issued in 2002-03. They can be found in multiple products, from several manufactures including Be A Player, In The Game, Pacific, Topps and Upper Deck. Several of the cards contain both an autograph and memorabilia piece. Some of these are also rookie cards. One of his most popular is his 2002-03 Upper Deck Premier Collection card. It is serial numbered to 99, autographed and displays a jersey swatch.
Rick Nash's autographed memorabilia has increased in price since his trade to the New York Rangers. Autographed pucks, sticks, jerseys and photos are all popular with collectors.
Top Rick Nash Rookie Cards
The Future Watch subset card is extremely popular with collectors. The smile on Nash's young face is a reminder of just what a thrill it is for these gifted athletes to be drafted by an NHL team.
This card has several characteristics collectors like in a rookie card. It includes an autograph, memorabilia swatch and serial numbering. Unfortunately, the card design itself lacks visual appeal, particularly with the cut-style signature.
This is arguably the top Rick Nash rookie card. Carrying many of the same characteristics Upper Deck would later use with The Cup, it has both an on-card autograph and a premium memorabilia swatch. It's also the rarest Rick Nash rookie card, limited to 99 copies.
Rick Nash Fleury Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
- 2002-03 BAP First Edition #439
- 2002-03 BAP Memorabilia #272
- 2002-03 BAP Signature Series #183
- 2002-03 Bowman YoungStars #155
- 2002-03 Crown Royale #109
- 2002-03 Crown Royale Retail #109
- 2002-03 O-Pee-Chee #338
- 2002-03 O-Pee-Chee Factory Set #338
- 2002-03 Pacific Atomic #105 #/1,300
- 2002-03 Pacific Exclusive Retail #196
- 2002-03 Pacific Heads Up #130 #/1000
- 2002-03 Pacific Private Stock Reserve Retail #157 #/1550
- 2002-03 Pacific Quest For the Cup #113 #/950
- 2002-03 Pacific Titanium Retail #111 #/1475
- 2002-03 Pacific Vanguard #109 #/1650
- 2002-03 Stadium Club #126
- 2002-03 Topps #338
- 2002-03 Topps Factory Set Gold #338
- 2002-03 Topps Heritage #140
- 2002-03 Topps Total #414
- 2002-03 Upper Deck Artistic Impressions #95
- 2002-03 Upper Deck Classic Portraits #109 #/1500
- 2002-03 Upper Deck Foundations #149
- 2002-03 Upper Deck Mask Collection #178 #/1250
- 2002-03 Uper Deck Piece of History #127 #/1500
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
- 2002-03 BAP All-Star Edition #134 #/100
- 2002-03 ITG Used #82 #/100
- 2002-03 Pacific #404 #/999
- 2002-03 Pacific Calder #112 #/825
- 2002-03 Parkhurst #202 #/500
- 2002-03 Parkhurst Retro #202 #/300
- 2002-03 SP Game Used #73 #/750
- 2002-03 Topps Chrome #175
- 2002-03 Upper Deck Honor Roll #150 Jersey
- 2002-03 Upper Deck Top Shelf #126 #/500
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2002-03 Pacific Exclusive #196 Autograph #/1000
- 2002-03 Pacific Private Stock Reserve #157 #/99
- 2002-03 Pacific Titanium #111 #/99
- 2002-03 SP Authentic #184 Autograph #/999
- 2002-03 SPx #149 Autographed Jersey #/500
- 2002-03 Upper Deck #232
- 2002-03 Upper Deck Premier Collection #80 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2002-03 Upper Deck Rookie Update #172 Autograph #/199
2002 02-03 PARKHURST RICK NASH ROOKIE BGS MINT 9
2002 02-03 Parkhurst RETRO RICK NASH ROOKIE CARD 300
2002 Pacific Vanguard #109 Rick Nash RC PSA 10 *SRC
2001-02 (BLUE JACKETS) SPx Rookie Redemption #R9 Rick Nash 1250
Rick Nash Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find examples of what an authentic Rick Nash autograph looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Rick Nash Fleury Cut Signature Exemplar:
Rick Nash Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Rick Nash signature will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
- It is very quickly written and individual letters are not discernible.
- The first character looks like an upside down "V" written on a 60-degree angle. A small dashed line is in the middle and the right line has a small hook at the end.
- The second character is similar to the first but the lines are more narrowly spaced and no dash is present.
- The pen stays on the item and starts an even narrower version of the first two characters. The right line flows into a small hump and with a small, curved upstroke, flows into a right-leaning vertical line
- His jersey number, "61," is often inscribed.
Rick Nash Signed Puck Pricing
Rick Nash Signed Jersey Pricing:
Rick Nash Signed Stick Pricing:
Rick Nash Signed Photograph Pricing:
For general information about Rick Nash, including his player statistics, visit: