Rookie Card Year: 1969
Investment Rating: 8.5
Reggie Jackson cards and memorabilia have a long and storied history in the hobby. One of the most popular and charismatic players of his generation, he has been a collector favorite for a long time. His involvement with Upper Deck in their early days helped cement his hobby legacy as well, making his name known to a younger generation of collectors during the massive boom period.
It's arguable that no other player in the history of the game better defined the term "clutch-hitter" than Reggie Jackson. So exceptional was his ability to rise to the occasion on the game's biggest stage that it earned him the nickname, Mr. October, a moniker any baseball player would proudly wear. Jackson led the Oakland A's to three consecutive World Series Titles in the early 1970s. Later that decade, he helped the New York Yankees to two consecutive titles. One of the most thrilling moments in postseason history came in the 1977 World Series when Jackson homered on the first pitch of three consecutive plate appearances, a feat that will likely never be repeated.
Inducted as a first-ballot Hall of Famer in 1993, Jackson's career accomplishments read like fiction: a 14-time All-Star, five-time World Series Champion (twice being the series MVP), a two-time Silver Slugger Award winner, and the 1973 American League MVP. His career statistics reflect his run producing prowess: .262 BA, 563 home runs, 2585 Hits, 1,702 RBI. Jackson has had his number retired by both the Oakland A's (#9) and the New York Yankees (#44).
Reggie Jackson's definitive rookie card heralds from 1969 Topps Baseball. At the time, the card make was at the height of their experimenting with different product tests. As a result, Jackson also has a handful of oddball cards from 1969. These include Topps Super #28, Topps Deckle Edge Black and White #9, as well as releases from Milton Bradley and Rawlings.
Reggie Jackson Rookie Cards
Jackson's true rookie card features a rather stoic looking, posed image of the young Oakland outfielder. The design of the card showcases a photo from the midriff up that highlights the classic flannel vest worn by the A's at that time. The easily identifiable team and player name in yellow, are utilized in a way that only slightly obscures the image. A classic set from a classic decade in baseball, this is easily one of the most desirable cards from the era.
Reggie Jackson Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Reggie Jackson's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, and Mounted Memories.
Reggie Jackson Cut Signature Exemplar:
Reggie Jackson Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Reggie Jackson signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
- The signature is written on an even horizontal plane, exhibiting a pride in penmanship, carefully written and usually with every letter clearly discernible.
- The letter "R" is written in a manner that creates two loops one at the top and one behind the left vertical line.
- The letter "e" is closed and flows into the "g-g" with the first looking like a complete figure "8" and the second open on the top loop.
- The "i-e" are small with the "i" dotted.
- The letter "J" is larger than the rest of the letters with a large loop on the bottom that often contains a number "9", his jersey number; the top loop is very small in comparison and leans slightly to the left.
- The remaining letters are all legible, with each being equal in size.
- A horizontal line extending off of the letter "n" completes the signature.
- A haphazard dot implies the letter 'i."
Reggie Jackson Signed Baseball Pricing:
Reggie Jackson Signed Jersey Pricing:
Reggie Jackson Signed Bat Pricing:
Reggie Jackson Signed Photograph Pricing:
For general information and player statistics visit: