Rookie Card Year: 2008
Investment Rating: 7.5
With the Baltimore Ravens emerging as perennial postseason threats, collectors are starting to look more to the team's stars. Ray Rice cards are on the rise as he cements his status as one of the NFL's top running backs.
After playing for Rutgers, Ray Rice was picked by Baltimore in the second round of the 2008 draft. He rushed for more than 1,000 yards in four of his first five seasons. During that time span, Rice was also selected for the Pro Bowl three times. Having signed a long-term deal with the Ravens prior to the 2012 season, he looks to be part of the franchise' s long-term plans.
There is no shortage of options when it comes to Ray Rice cards. He has more than three dozen rookie cards, which can range in price from a couple of dollars all the way up to hundreds. From a value perspective, 2008 Upper Deck Exquisite, 2008 Playoff National Treasures and 2008 SP Authentic are among the most expensive and coveted by collectors. For those on a tighter budget, 2008 Topps Chrome and 2008 Upper Deck are both nice cards.
While Rice is one of the NFL's better running backs, he still hasn't emerged as an elite hobby star. A Super Bowl victory will bring him a long way, as will a few more strong seasons.
Ray Rice Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
- 2008 Bowman #186
- 2008 Prestige #188
- 2008 Score #374
- 2008 SP Rookie Edition #146
- 2008 Topps #352
- 2008 Topps Kickoff #184
- 2008 Topps Mayo #303
- 2008 Topps Rookie Progression #200
- 2008 Upper Deck #283
- 2008 Upper Deck Draft Edition #85
- 2008 Upper Deck First Edition #187
- 2008 Upper Deck Heroes #185
- 2008 Upper Deck Heroes #186
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2008 Absolute Memorabilia #279 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2008 Donruss Classics #231 Autograph #/499
- 2008 Donruss Gridiron Gear #232 Autographed Jersey #/100
- 2008 Donruss Threads #263 Autograph #/100
- 2008 Leaf Limited #333 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2008 Leaf Rookies & Stars #248 Autograph #/105
- 2008 Playoff Contenders #188 Autograph
- 2008 Playoff National Treasures #107 Autographed Patch #/99
- 2008 SP Authentic #285 Autographed Jersey #/999
- 2008 SP Authentic Retail #149 Autograph
- 2008 SP Rookie Threads #RR8 Autographed Letter Patch #/63 (Four different - RICE)
- 2008 SPx #175 Autographed Jersey #/599
- 2008 Topps Triple Threads #112 Autographed Jersey #/89
- 2008 Upper Deck Exquisite #162 Autographed Patch #/199
- 2008 Upper Deck Premier #133 Autographed Jersey #/275
- 2008 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection #217 Autographed Jersey #/375
Ray Rice Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Ray Rice's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company.
Signed Football Pricing:
Signed Jersey Pricing:
Signed 8x10 Photo Pricing:
NFL RAY RICE VIKINGS AUTOGRAPHED CARD W COA MNT
RAY RICE AUTOGRAPHED FOOTBALL (RAVENS) W PROOF!
Ray Rice signed photo and card framed Ravens COA Proof
Baltimore Ravens Ray Rice Signed Rutgers Mini Helmet JSA Certified