Rookie Card Year: 2008
Investment Rating: 2.0
Whether Ray Rice ever plays in the NFL again likely won't matter when it comes to collecting his cards and memorabilia. His image is not forever tainted by domestic abuse, something there is never an excuse for. It's a dark cloud that's going to follow the once promising running wherever he ends up.
After playing for Rutgers, Ray Rice was picked by Baltimore in the second round of the 2008 draft. He rushed for more than 1,000 yards in four of his first five seasons. During that time span, Rice was also selected for the Pro Bowl three times. Having signed a long-term deal with the Ravens prior to the 2012 season, he looks to be part of the franchise' s long-term plans.
There is no shortage of options when it comes to Ray Rice cards. He has more than three dozen rookie cards, which can range in price from a couple of dollars all the way up to hundreds. From a value perspective, 2008 Upper Deck Exquisite, 2008 Playoff National Treasures and 2008 SP Authentic are among the most expensive and coveted by collectors. For those on a tighter budget, 2008 Topps Chrome and 2008 Upper Deck are both nice cards.
Top Ray Rice Rookie Cards
Being serial numbered to just 89 total copies makes this one of Rice's most limited rookie cards. It features Triple Thread's patented three swatches of jersey and a sticker autograph in a horizontal layout.
The large jersey patch, and on-card signature combine to deliver a solid choice for top RC. The vertical layout of the card lends itself nicely allowing for a sizable player image to be incorporated into the design. The card is serial numbered to 99.
A beautiful card with all the bells and whistles a collector would expect; sizable multi-color jersey patch, on-card signature, serial numbering to 199 and a large player photo. The horizontal layout provides ample surface space for the various design elements.
2008 SAGE Autographs Red Level Ray Rice #A48
2012 Topps Finest Ray Rice 50 Ravens Refractor
2013 Topps Archives #200 Ray Rice PSA 10 GEM MINT Pop. 1
RAY RICE 2010 GRIDIRON GEAR NFL NATION JERSEY AUTOGRAPH AUTO 10 RAVENS
Ray Rice Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
- 2008 Bowman #186
- 2008 Prestige #188
- 2008 Score #374
- 2008 SP Rookie Edition #146
- 2008 Topps #352
- 2008 Topps Kickoff #184
- 2008 Topps Mayo #303
- 2008 Topps Rookie Progression #200
- 2008 Upper Deck #283
- 2008 Upper Deck Draft Edition #85
- 2008 Upper Deck First Edition #187
- 2008 Upper Deck Heroes #185
- 2008 Upper Deck Heroes #186
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2008 Absolute Memorabilia #279 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2008 Donruss Classics #231 Autograph #/499
- 2008 Donruss Gridiron Gear #232 Autographed Jersey #/100
- 2008 Donruss Threads #263 Autograph #/100
- 2008 Leaf Limited #333 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2008 Leaf Rookies & Stars #248 Autograph #/105
- 2008 Playoff Contenders #188 Autograph
- 2008 Playoff National Treasures #107 Autographed Patch #/99
- 2008 SP Authentic #285 Autographed Jersey #/999
- 2008 SP Authentic Retail #149 Autograph
- 2008 SP Rookie Threads #RR8 Autographed Letter Patch #/63 (Four different - RICE)
- 2008 SPx #175 Autographed Jersey #/599
- 2008 Topps Triple Threads #112 Autographed Jersey #/89
- 2008 Upper Deck Exquisite #162 Autographed Patch #/199
- 2008 Upper Deck Premier #133 Autographed Jersey #/275
- 2008 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection #217 Autographed Jersey #/375
Ray Rice Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Ray Rice's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Tristar and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Ray Rice Cut Signature Exemplar
Ray Rice Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Ray Rice signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
- The signature is relatively consistent in character make-up with a right leaning signature.
- Classic cursive script is used through the signature; the pen lifts between first and last name
- The letter "R"'s sometimes vary in style but are usually equal in size
- The first "R" consists of a long first line that tails away to the left; that line is capped by the second at an upward angle of 45 degrees before beginning the down stroke
- The letter "a" is visible and often open at the top
- The "y" is clearly legible with a loop below the plane
- The second "R" is often more rushed and not always discernible
- The letters "i-c-e" are visible with the "e" typically closed and the "i" undotted
Ray Rice Signed Football Pricing:
Ray Rice Signed Jersey Pricing:
Ray Rice Signed Helmet Pricing:
Ray Rice Signed Photograph Pricing:
Steiner Sports Ray Rice Autographed Photo
Ray Rice signed helmet SB 47 Ravens
RAY RICE AUTOGRAPHED AUTHENTIC BALTIMORE RAVENS FULL SIZE HELMET JSA WITNESS
Ray Rice Autographed Nfl Football PSA DNA NFL Auction COA