Rookie Card Year: 2011
Investment Rating: 5.0 (Average)
Contributing to the team on both offense and special teams, Randall Cobb has become a dominant weapon of choice for Aaron Rodgers. His ability to gain yards after the catch has provided the Packers the speed they need to be a big play threat. With the Packers' widespread appeal, it should be surprising that Randall Cobb cards and memorabilia have seen a lot more action than they might have if he were on another team.
Cobb, out of the University of Kentucky, was drafted 64th overall pick in 2011 by the Green Bay Packers. Playing in the NCAA's ultra-competitive SEC, Cobb holds the single-season record for all-purpose yards with 2,396. Named an All-American by ESPN, Sports Illustrated and the Associated Press, Cobb holds the university's all-time touchdowns record with 37.
All Randall Cobb rookie cards come from 2011 products. He has several to choose from, ranging from low-end base cards to high-end autographed memorabilia versions.
Top Randall Cobb Rookie Cards
Oriented in a horizontal layout, the card features a photograph of an intense looking Cobb as he carries the ball. Accompanying the photo are a large two-color patch and on-card autograph. This card is limited to 99 copies.
This premium booklet card is serial numbered to just 99 total copies and features a dual image on the left-hand side of the card, while the right hand-side contains both an on-card signature and a two-color game used jersey patch. The design elements combine to provide an attractive and potent card.
While this may be Cobb's "official" rookie card from Topps ultra high-end brand, it is far from being the nicest within the product. Despite being serial numbered to 99, and containing a small single-color patch swatch and on-card signature, the card lacks some of the punch delivered by other cards within the Five Star offering, including booklet cards.
Randall Cobb Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2011 Absolute Memorabilia #234 Autograph Jersey #/299
- 2011 Crown Royale #207 Autograph Jersey #/299
- 2011 National Treasures #330 Autograph Patch #/99
- 2011 Panini Certified #284 Autograph Jersey #/499
- 2011 Panini Gold Standard #271 Autograph Jersey #/525 Redemption
- 2011 Panini Gridiron Gear #R10 Autograph Jersey #/304
- 2011 Panini Limited #221 Autograph Jersey #/299
- 2011 Panini Plates & Patches #221 Autograph Jersey #/499
- 2011 Panini Playbook #127 Autograph Jersey #/99
- 2011 Panini Prime Signatures #252 Autograph #/99
- 2011 Panini Threads #281 Autograph #/200
- 2011 Playoff Contenders #202 Autograph
- 2011 Rookies and Stars #270 Autograph #/299
- 2011 Timeless Treasures #197 Autograph #/265
- 2011 Topps Five Star #178 Autograph Patch #/99
- 2011 Topps Inception #112 Autograph #/200
- 2011 Totally Certified #227 Autograph Jersey #/99
Randall Cobb Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Randall Cobb's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Tristar and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Randall Cobb Cut Signature Exemplar
Randall Cobb Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Randall Cobb signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
- Cobb's signature is relatively consistent in character make-up with a right leaning signature.
- The letter "R" consists of two lines, the vertical line includes a small hook to start prior to the down stroke; the second line starts just above the midway mark of the first and does not always touch it, the curve of the letter is elongated and narrow.
- The pen lifts and the letters "a" and "n' are absent.
- The letters "d-l-l" all look very similar with the "d" having no circular loop visible.
- The letter "C" is clearly defined.
- Once again, the second letter of the name, this time the "o" is absent.
- The "b"'s are hastily written with the first usually resembling something closer to an "l."