Rookie Card Year: 2011
Investment Rating: 7.0
Julio Jones was one of the best overall athletes and top receivers in the 2011 NFL Draft. His obvious talent, combined with his college success at Alabama, have made Julio Jones cards a hot commodity among collectors. Although he had problems with minor injuries throughout his first season, he showed glimpses of greatness when healthy and displayed a good rapport with the starting Falcons quarterback, Matt Ryan. Collectors should have few reservations about investing in this dynamic young player.
Julio Jones cards have tremendous long-term potential. He should enjoy a productive career and become an elite receiver. As an added benefit to Jones and his collectors, he was lucky to join a strong NFL team despite being taken early in the first round. Jones also has the luxury of playing with another elite receiver, Roddy White. This will allow him to gain experience without being the main target for defenses. It's a situation similar to another 2011 rookie, A.J. Green. Despite Jones' relevance in the hobby, the newcomer's authentic autographs are mainly limited to cards at this point.
Top Julio Jones Rookie Cards
The simple design of Crown Royale makes use of a lot of white, which helps highlight the image of Jones over a large jersey piece. The card also features a nice on-card signature.
One of the most attractive Julio Jones cards, the 2011 Panini Gold Standard card is hard-signed with a small jersey swatch. The higher print run keeps it from elite rookie card status.
Jones is a redemption in 2011 National Treasures and his cards haven't started showing up yet. However, when they do, they will have both a huge patch piece and an on-card autograph. The low serial numbering is the icing on this piece of high-end Julio Jones rookie cardboard.
Julio Jones Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2011 Absolute Memorabilia #226 Autograph Jersey #/299
- 2011 Certified #276 Autograph Jersey #/499
- 2011 Crown Royale #220 Autograph Jersey #/299
- 2011 National Treasures #323 Autograph Patch #/99 - Redemption
- 2011 Panini Gold Standard #255 Autograph Jersey #/525
- 2011 Panini Gridiron Gear #R17 Autograph Jersey #/204
- 2011 Panini Limited #205 Autograph Jersey #/299
- 2011 Panini Plates & Patches #205 Autograph Jersey #/299
- 2011 Panini Playbook #120 Autograph Jersey #/399 - Redemption
- 2011 Panini Prime Signatures #245 Autograph #/249 - Redemption
- 2011 Panini Threads #279 Autograph #/250
- 2011 Playoff Contenders #221 Autograph - Redemption
- 2011 Rookies and Stars #286 Autograph #/299
- 2011 Timeless Treasures #175 Autograph #/165
- 2011 Topps Triple Threads #130 Autograph Jersey #/99
- 2011 Totally Certified #220 Autograph Jersey #/399 - Redemption
Julio Jones Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Julio Jones's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Tristar and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Julio Jones Cut Signature Exemplar
Julio Jones Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Julio Jones signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
- Signature is defined by five distinguishing marks.
- The first letter "J" consists of a closed loop at the bottom with a flat top and a short diagonal topping line.
- The pen stays on the paper into a narrow "l", usually with a closed loop.
- The pen lifts to dot an implied "i."
- The second "J" has a more rounded bottom loop.
- The inscription "#11" is usually present.