Rookie Card Year: 2007-08
Investment Rating: 8.0
The Chicago Blackhawks selected Jonathan Toews with the third overall pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. The team had high hopes that he would serve as the cornerstone in the organization's rebuilding efforts. He hasn't disappointed. Neither have Jonathan Toews cards and memorabilia.
Toews' rookie year of 2007-08 saw him notch 24 goals and tally 30 assists for 54 points in just 64 games. His ability to work both ends of the ice contributed to a +/- rating of +11 and he was nominated for the Calder Trophy as league's top rookie. The following season he was named captain of the team, one of the youngest ever to wear the coveted C. The face of the franchise, the often soft-spoken Toews leads by example and played a key role in the Blackhawks' 2010 and 2013 Stanley Cup victory.
An active participant for Team Canada in international competition, Toews has racked up a handful of gold medals.
Toews has 19 rookie cards, all of which come from 2007-08 products. Of those, just six are autographed. Fortunately for collectors, the rookie cards are well dispersed among multiple price points, allowing even the budget-conscience collector to add to their collection. Despite not having an autograph, serial numbering or memorabilia, Toews' 2007-08 Upper Deck Young Guns rookie card remains one of his most desirable cards.
Top Jonathan Toews Rookie Cards
Featuring a crisp, clean design and on-card autograph, SP Authentic Future Watch cards are always in high demand. The on-card autograph is a key component of the design and the print run makes it easier find one at a reasonable price compared to The Cup or other high-end card.
The Cup rookie cards can serve as the cornerstone for any player collection. But they're going to cost you. With an on-card autograph, multi-color patch and print run of just 99 copies, there is always heated competition on the secondary market for these gems.
Despite not having any memorabilia, Ultimate features an on-card signature and a small print run. This makes it a more affordable option than Toews' rookie card from The Cup.
Jonathan Toews 12 13 Panini Certified Stars 4 Color Patch 25
Jonathan Toews 13 14 Panini Prime Signatures Autograph 50
Panini - Dominion - Jonathan Toews (054 099)
2010-11 BLACK DIAMOND JONATHAN TOEWS QUAD #188
Jonathan Toews Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2007-08 Be A Player #222 #/99
- 2007-08 Hot Prospects #249 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2007-08 O-Pee-Chee Premier #128 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2007-08 SP Authentic #203 Autograph #/999
- 2007-08 SP Game Used #198 #/99
- 2007-08 SPx #231 Autographed Jersey #/499
- 2007-08 Upper Deck Ice #212 #/99
- 2007-08 Upper Deck The Cup #190 Autographed Patch #/99
- 2007-08 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection #157 Autograph #/99
Jonathan Toews Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Jonathan Toews's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, and Mounted Memories.
Jonathan Toews Cut Signature Exemplar #1:
Jonathan Toews Cut Signature Exemplar #2:
Jonathan Toews Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Jonathan Toews signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. His signature can also vary greatly. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for, at least some of, the following signature features:
- Toew's signature is indecipherable, in terms of trying to identify specific letters.
- Instead, look for what resembles a character looking like a cursive letter "l" leaning at about a 50 degree angle that flows into what could be described a heart-shaped character.
- Two flattened ovals, one on top of the other, cross to form a narrow loop in the middle.
- His jersey number "19" is usually inscribed.
- Notice the more angular manner in which the "J" is written, more defined and consisting of two triangle-like shapes.
- Look for two parallel lines and a series of crossing lines, leaving what resembles a "ladder."
- Next is what appears to be a capital "D."
- This is followed by a distinguishable letter "t", with a crossing pen.
Jonathan Toews Signed Puck Pricing:
Jonathan Toews Signed Jersey Pricing:
Jonathan Toews Signed Photographs Pricing:
Be sure to check out an expanded look at Jonathan Toews' top rookie cards:
For general information and player statistics visit: