Rookie Card Year: 2012
Investment Rating: 7.0
After flying under the hobby radar for the first half of his rookie campaign, Doug Martin cards caught collectors' attention. The running back was playing well for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but back-to-back 200-yard games made him a star among the masses.
Martin was drafted late in the first round of the 2012 NFL Draft with Tampa Bay selecting him 31st overall. He spent his college years at Boise State University. Martin was the 2011 Maaco Bowl Las Vegas MVP following a highlight reel-worthy kickoff return of 100 yards to go alongside more than 150 rushing yards.
Doug Martin cards understandably, heated up after his explosive showings mid-way through the 2012 season. When the year began, much of the attention was focused on super prospects Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III. Below them were the likes of Trent Richardson, Ryan Tannehill and Russell Wilson. Few outside of Tampa were whispering about Martin. That changed. And with that, Doug Martin cards rose.
When it comes to Doug Martin rookie cards, collectors have lots of options. They start out with reasonably priced base brands like Topps and Prestige. High-end collectors can chase autographed rookie cards from such sets as Panini Certified and Topps Inception. On top of that are even more inserts that also run the spectrum of prices and collector tastes. Martin's stable of autographed memorabilia has exploded in recent years and he has signed everything from jerseys to helmets.
Top Doug Martin Rookie Cards
Despite not being serial numbered or containing a memorabilia piece, the on-card, Rookie Ticket, autographs from Contenders are always in high demand. Martin's card is no different.
With a print run numbered to just 99 and featuring an on-card signature along with a prime patch, this is Doug Martin's most coveted rookie card.
A beautifully designed book card featuring large pieces of memorabilia and a signature. This is about as comprehensive of a rookie card that you will find. It is limited to just 149 serial numbered copies.
2012 Topps Five Star Football may not command quite the values as National Treasures, but the Doug Martin rookie card still has a lot going for it. First, it's limited to just 50 copies. That's about half of National Treasures. It also boasts an on-card autograph, patch swatch and an elegant design.
Doug Martin Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2012 Absolute #212 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2012 Panini Certified #325 Autographed Jersey #/399
- 2012 Panini Contenders #211 Autograph
- 2012 Panini Crown Royale #262 Autographed Patch #/249
- 2012 Panini Gridiron #314 Autograph #/299
- 2012 Panini Limited #211 Autographed Patch #/299
- 2012 Panini Momentum #110 Autographed Jersey #/399
- 2012 Panini National Treasures #311 Autographed Patch #/99
- 2012 Panini Playbook #187 Autographed Dual Memorabilia Book #/149
- 2012 Panini Prime Signatures #251 Autograph #/199
- 2012 Panini Prominence #216 Autograph #/90 (5 different)
- 2012 Panini Rookies & Stars #225 Autographed Jersey #/499
- 2012 Panini Totally Certified #212 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2012 Topps Five Star #165 Autographed Patch #/50
- 2012 Topps Inception #117 Autograph
- 2012 Topps Triple Threads #107 Autographed Jersey #/99 (2 different)
Doug Martin Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Doug Martin's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Tristar, and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Doug Martin Cut Signature Exemplar
Doug Martin Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Doug Martin signature autograph is very difficult to replicate and will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Gore's signature has fluctuated through the years, however, regardless of the item being signed or the time period in which it was signed, look for the following signature features:
Doug Martin Signature Characteristics
- The entire signature consists of just three discernible letters.
- The letter "D" is printed and closed in a large loop.
- A period following the "D" implies the rest of the letters of his first name.
- A large "M" equal in height to the "D" is written with the humps spaced narrowly.
- The letter "t" is crossed almost directly in the middle and at a 60 degree angle and resembles a "+."
Doug Martin Signed Football Pricing:
Doug Martin Signed Jersey Pricing:
Doug Martin Signed Helmet Pricing:
Doug Martin Signed Photograph Pricing:
For more info on Doug Martin cards, check out the following:
For general information and player statistics visit: