Rookie Card Year: 2000
Investment Rating: 6.5
Brian Urlacher is one of the greatest defensive players in the storied history of the Chicago Bears. Although defensive players do not normally carry the same hobby value or popularity as their offensive counterparts, he was easily one of the most popular players during his prime. Even in retirement, Brian Urlacher cards and autographed memorabilia command solid values. A lock for the Hall of Fame, his hobby status should maintain consistent values for years to come.
Brian Ulracher played college football at the University of Mew Mexico and was a bright spot on a mostly underwhelming team. Urlacher left college after his Senior year and was named a consensus All-American. He got his start in professional football when he was taken 9th overall by the Chicago Bears in the 2000 NFL Draft.
Urlacher would go on to play a total of 13 seasons, all with the Bears. He was an eight-time Pro Bowl player, five-time All-Pro, and named as the 2000 Defensive Rookie of the Year and 2005 Defensive Player of the Year. Urlacher was also named to the NFL 2000s All-Decade First Team at Linebacker. The Bears consistently had a strong defense because of the leadership and abilities possessed by Urlacher. He even helped lead the team to Super Bowl XLI against the Indianapolis Colts, but they were not able to claim the championship.
Brain Urlacher has nearly 50 rookie cards that fall across all budgets. The two autographed Brian Urlacher cards are the clear rookie favorites, but many low-numbered rookie cards are also popular.
Top Brian Urlacher Rookie Cards
The cornerstone of any Brian Urlacher player collection is his 2000 Playoff Contenders Rookie Ticket autograph card. The brand and insert set have been popular with collectors since their inception. This card features an on-card signature and a training camp photo along with the ticket motif common to the brand.
This is a simply designed, yet classic card from Upper Deck. The card is serial numbered to 2,000 copies, meaning there is ample supply. The card pictures Urlacher in an up-close head-shot without a helmet along with a piece of jersey swatch and an on-card autograph.
When it comes to rookie cards, Bowman Chrome has long been a favorite amongst collectors. Despite not having an autograph or memorabilia, this is one of the top Urlacher rookie cards submitted for grading. The photograph used on the card captures Urlacher's athleticism perfectly.
Brian Urlacher Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
- 2000 Absolute #161 #/3000
- 2000 Bowman #178
- 2000 Collector's Edge EG #155
- 2000 Collector's Edge Masters #208 #/1000
- 2000 Collector's Edge Odyssey #110 #/999
- 2000 Collector's Edge Odyssey Retail #110
- 2000 Collector's Edge Supreme #190 #/2000
- 2000 Collector's Edge T3 #161 #/999
- 2000 Collector's Edge T3 Retail #161
- 2000 Dominion #242 Urlacher/Moore
- 2000 Donruss #153 #/1325
- 2000 Donruss Elite #138 #/1500
- 2000 Fleer Focus #209 #/3999
- 2000 Fleer Gamers #112
- 2000 Fleer Tradition #309
- 2000 Leaf Certified #157 #/2000
- 2000 Leaf Rookies and Stars #182 #/1000
- 2000 Metal #274
- 2000 Pacific Prism Prospects #116 #/1000
- 2000 Paramount #45
- 2000 Playoff Momentum #137 #/750
- 2000 Quantum Leaf #312
- 2000 Score #288
- 2000 SkyBox #225
- 2000 Topps #383
- 2000 Topps Stars #170
- 2000 UD Graded #111 #/1325
- 2000 UD Ionix #97 #/2000
- 2000 Upper Deck #251
- 2000 Upper Deck Encore #251
- 2000 Upper Deck Gold Reserve #179 #/2500
- 2000 Upper Deck Legends #105 #/2000
- 2000 Upper Deck MVP #192
- 2000 Upper Deck Ovation #77 #/2500
- 2000 Upper Deck Pros and Prospects #93 #/1000
- 2000 Ultimate Victory #94 #/2000
- 2000 Upper Deck Victory #274
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
Brian Urlacher Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find examples of what an authentic Brian Urlacher autograph looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Leaf, Tristar, Schwartz Sports and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Brian Urlacher Cut Signature Exemplars
Brian Urlacher Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Brian Urlacher signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. However, Urlacher's signature does vary depending on the type of venue or environment in which he is signing. Most often this is a result of a time factor involved and/or number of people to sign for.
- The first name is often simply implied by the letter "B", which typically has at least one tail, usually at the top of the letter.
- When the first name is spelled out, the letter "n" is implied.
- The last name consists of two letters, "U-l".
- The pen lifts between the letter "U" and the letter "l".
- The letter "l" is usually a vertical line but a small elongated loop is sometimes visible.
Signed Football Pricing:
Signed Jersey Pricing:
Signed Helmet Pricing (Full-size and Mini):
Signed Photograph Pricing:
For general information and player statistics visit: