Rookie Card Year: 2006
Investment Rating: 7.5
Brandon Marshall has made a habit of proving his critics wrong. Largely undervalued out of the University of Central Florida, Marshall was picked by the Denver Broncos in the fourth round of the 2006 NFL Draft. As a result, Brandon Marshall cards weren't largely pursued at the time. An early injury cost him most of his rookie season but he rebounded by posting three consecutive 100-catch seasons and showing a great rapport with Jay Cutler, the Broncos' young quarterback. Coaching changes resulted in the team being gutted and Cutler and Marshall were both traded.
Although many questioned his attitude, few could question Marshall's ability and the Miami Dolphins acquired the young receiver despite some red flags. Even with the inconsistent and revolving quarterback rotation in Miami, Marshall has still managed strong production and is one of the few offensive bright spots on the Dolphins. He has put together five consecutive 2000-yard seasons and has been named to three Pro Bowls, including an amazing four-touchdown performance in the 2012 game.
At this point in his career, Marshall is his biggest enemy. When focused, few receivers can match his athleticism and production. The only missing ingredient after that would be finding a top-level quarterback to pair him with. For now, Brandon Marshall cards and memorabilia can be found for very little. A Pro Bowl-caliber quarterback would change all that and push him toward the hobby's receiving elite. While he is by no means a guarantee, Marshall has lots left in the tank and strong hobby potential. If the Dolphins make a push to bring in a top-tier quarterback though a trade or the draft, look for Brandon Marshall cards to quickly shoot up in value.
There are over 30 Brandon Marshall rookie cards and all can be had for reasonable amounts. The top three Brandon Marshall cards all feature an autograph and jersey swatches. Even Marshall's top rookie cards can be found for less than $60.
Top Brandon Marshall Rookie Cards
With a lower print run, good-sized jersey piece and on-card autograph, 2006 Exquisite is the best of all the Brandon Marshall rookie cards.
Although it has a high print run of nearly 1,000 copies, 2006 SP Authentic has proven to be a top-draw for collectors. The card also boasts an on-card autograph and smaller patch piece. Fundamentally, the SP Authentic rookie is quite similar to the Exquisite card.
On paper, this should be the clear-cut frontrunner of Brandon Marshall cards. However, the final product does not resemble the high quality reputation that National Treasures now enjoys. In spite of a very low print run of 99, the card is bland and the cut autograph box employed by the product is notorious for its flaws. Two small jersey pieces seem forced into an already poorly designed card.
Brandon Marshall Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
- 2006 Absolute Memorabilia #267 #/849
- 2006 Bowman #143
- 2006 Bowman Sterling #BM Jersey
- 2006 Donruss Classics #147 #/1499
- 2006 Leaf Certified Materials #217 Jersey #/1400
- 2006 Playoff NFL Playoffs #126
- 2006 Playoff Prestige #161 SP
- 2006 Score #424
- 2006 Topps #385
- 2006 Topps Total #441
- 2006 Upper Deck #246
- 2006 Upper Deck Legends #105 #/750
- 2006 Upper Deck Rookie Debut #137
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2006 Donruss Threads #229 Autograph #/240
- 2006 Exquisite Collection #110 Autographed Jersey #/225
- 2006 Hot Prospects #216 Autographed Jersey #/999
- 2006 Leaf Limited #284 Autographed Jersey #/100
- 2006 Playoff Contenders #147 Autograph, Announced print run of 608
- 2006 Playoff National Treasures #116 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2006 SP Authentic #260 Autographed Jersey #/999
- 2006 SPx #208 Autographed Jersey #/650
- 2006 Topps Triple Threads #123 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2006 Ultimate Collection #238 Autograph #/275
Brandon Marshall Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find examples of what an authentic Brandon Marshall autograph looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Leaf, Tristar and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Brandon Marshall Cut Signature Exemplar
Brandon Marshall Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Brandon Marshall signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
- A largely illegible signature.
- The letter "B" is pronounced with a smaller, closed loop on top with the bottom loop resembling a capital letter "D", the back of the loops are closed with a vertical line, tips extend to the left off both loops.
- What appears to be a very right leaning letter "d" ends the first name.
- The last name consists of two letter "l"s.
Signed Football Pricing:
Signed Jersey Pricing:
Signed Photograph Pricing:
For general information and player statistics visit: