Rookie Card Year: 2006
Investment Rating: 7.5
Brandon Marshall has made a habit of proving his critics wrong. Largely undervalued out of the University of Central Florida, Marshall was picked by the Denver Broncos in the fourth round of the 2006 NFL Draft. As a result, Brandon Marshall cards weren't largely pursued at the time. An early injury cost him most of his rookie season but he rebounded by posting three consecutive 100-catch seasons and showing a great rapport with Jay Cutler, the Broncos' young quarterback. Coaching changes resulted in the team being gutted and Cutler and Marshall were both traded. After a stint in Miami, Marshall was reunited with Cutler in Chicago and the duo has combined for strong production and increased interest from collectors
Although many questioned his attitude, few can question Marshall's ability. Despite playing for three teams in his career, Marshall has put together seven consecutive 1,000-yard seasons and has been named to five Pro Bowls, including an amazing four-touchdown performance in the 2012 Prow Bowl game. Unfortunately, this has not necessarily translated to deep postseason success for the Bears. Now that the team has another elite receive in Alshon Jeffery to take some of the focus off Marshall, the Chicago Bears could have one of the most dynamic offenses in the league.
At this point in his career, Marshall is rapidly approaching the downward slope in his career. While he still has plenty of production left in him, his window of time as an elite receiver is nearing an end. Although it is hard to expect huge hobby gains anytime soon, if the Bears make a deep playoff run or Marshall puts up some big stat lines, look for Brandon Marshall cards to quickly shoot up in value.
There are over 30 Brandon Marshall rookie cards and all can be had for reasonable amounts. The top three Brandon Marshall cards all feature an autograph and jersey swatches. Even Marshall's top rookie cards can be found for less than $100.
Top Brandon Marshall Rookie Cards
With a lower print run, good-sized jersey piece and on-card autograph, 2006 Exquisite is the best of all the Brandon Marshall rookie cards.
Although it has a high print run of nearly 1,000 copies, 2006 SP Authentic has proven to be a top-draw for collectors. The card also boasts an on-card autograph and smaller patch piece. Fundamentally, the SP Authentic rookie is quite similar to the Exquisite card.
On paper, this should be the clear-cut frontrunner of Brandon Marshall cards. However, the final product does not resemble the high quality reputation that National Treasures now enjoys. In spite of a very low print run of 99, the card is bland and the cut autograph box employed by the product is notorious for its flaws. Two small jersey pieces seem forced into an already poorly designed card.
Brandon Marshall 35 card lot all different (lot 2)
Brandon Marshall 35 card lot all different (lot 3)
Brandon Marshall 35 card lot all different (lot 4)
2006 Upper Deck Rookie Futures jersey Brandon Marshall RC
Brandon Marshall Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
- 2006 Absolute Memorabilia #267 #/849
- 2006 Bowman #143
- 2006 Bowman Sterling #BM Jersey
- 2006 Donruss Classics #147 #/1499
- 2006 Leaf Certified Materials #217 Jersey #/1400
- 2006 Playoff NFL Playoffs #126
- 2006 Playoff Prestige #161 SP
- 2006 Score #424
- 2006 Topps #385
- 2006 Topps Total #441
- 2006 Upper Deck #246
- 2006 Upper Deck Legends #105 #/750
- 2006 Upper Deck Rookie Debut #137
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2006 Donruss Threads #229 Autograph #/240
- 2006 Exquisite Collection #110 Autographed Jersey #/225
- 2006 Hot Prospects #216 Autographed Jersey #/999
- 2006 Leaf Limited #284 Autographed Jersey #/100
- 2006 Playoff Contenders #147 Autograph, Announced print run of 608
- 2006 Playoff National Treasures #116 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2006 SP Authentic #260 Autographed Jersey #/999
- 2006 SPx #208 Autographed Jersey #/650
- 2006 Topps Triple Threads #123 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2006 Ultimate Collection #238 Autograph #/275
Brandon Marshall Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find examples of what an authentic Brandon Marshall autograph looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Leaf, Tristar and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Brandon Marshall Cut Signature Exemplar
Brandon Marshall Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Brandon Marshall signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
- A largely illegible signature.
- The letter "B" is pronounced with a smaller, closed loop on top with the bottom loop resembling a capital letter "D", the back of the loops are closed with a vertical line, tips extend to the left off both loops.
- What appears to be a very right leaning letter "d" ends the first name.
- The last name consists of two letter "l"s.
Signed Football Pricing:
Signed Jersey Pricing:
Signed Photograph Pricing:
For general information and player statistics visit: