Rookie Card Year: 2012
Investment Rating: 7.5
The first pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, Andrew Luck is one of football's brightest prospects in some time. Despite his youth, the quarterback didn't need much time to adjust from the college game to the pros. Collectors are taking note, immediately sending Andrew Luck cards to the upper echelon of the hobby.
Playing for Stanford, Luck racked up an impressive resume of records and awards. However, a Heisman wasn't one of them. The quarterback was a two-time runner-up for the NCAA's biggest individual award, though, most notably finishing second to his friendly rival, Robert Griffin III in 2011.
Because he is such a high-profile player, Andrew Luck cards are, overall, pricey. However, there is no shortage of options for collectors. Besides rookie cards, Andrew Luck autographs are also in seemingly every 2012 football product. And even though most are relatively limited individually, collectors shouldn't have a problem coming across signed Andrew Luck cards for the foreseeable future.
Top Andrew Luck Rookie Cards
There's a very strong chance that this will be one of the most iconic Andrew Luck rookie cards. Featuring a design that finds inspiration in the classic 1998 Playoff Contenders Rookie Ticket Autographs, it has an on-card signature. The lack of serial number doesn't seem to bother collectors either. It's also worth noting that this isn't an extreme short print in the set either.
If you're looking for the most valuable Andrew Luck rookie card, here it is. The Colts star's 2012 Panini National Treasures card has lots of brand pedigree, not to mention an on-card autograph and a patch piece that's bigger than its closest competitor, 2012 Topps Five Star. As long as Andrew Luck is a superstar in the hobby, expect to pay four figures for this card.
This card goes big, delivering the only Andrew Luck rookie that doubles as a book card. On one side you've got an autograph and a patch piece. The other has a die-cut image placed over top of a player-worn jersey piece. Numbered to 149, it's also one of the quarterback's rarest rookies.
Andrew Luck Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2012 Absolute #203 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2012 Panini Certified #316 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2012 Panini Contenders #201 Autograph
- 2012 Panini Crown Royale #253 Autographed Patch #/249
- 2012 Panini Gridiron #322 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2012 Panini Limited #201 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2012 Panini Momentum #101 Autographed Jersey #/399
- 2012 Panini National Treasures #301 Autographed Patch #/99
- 2012 Panini Playbook #178 Autographed Patch Book Card #/149
- 2012 Panini Prime Signatures #243 Autograph #/149
- 2012 Panini Prominence Rookie Class Letter Signature #231 #/80
- 2012 Panini Prominence Team Patch Logo Signature #226 #/80
- 2012 Panini Prominence Rookie Field Plate #231 #/80
- 2012 Panini Prominence Rookie Helmet Signature #231 #/80
- 2012 Panini Prominence Rookie Jersey Prime Signature #231 #/80
- 2012 Panini Rookies & Stars #216 Autographed Jersey #/499
- 2012 Panini Totally Certified #201 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2012 Topps Five Star #170 Autographed Patch #/50
- 2012 Topps Valor #10 #/170
Andrew Luck Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find examples of what an authentic Andrew Luck autograph looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Panini Authentic, Tristar and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Cut Signature Exemplar
Andrew Luck Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Andrew Luck signature autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
- Overall, Luck has a consistent signature that is written on a level plane
- The signature begins with a very distinguishable letter "A"
- The remaining part of his first name is represented by the letter "n", which comes right off the "A"
- The letter "d" flows from the "n" but more closely resembles a lowercase letter "l"
- His last name in fact is a lowercase letter "l"
- The "l" goes into a character that is a "u-c" combination
- The signature finishes with a letter "k" that once again appears to be more of an "l"
Signed Football Pricing:
Signed Jersey Pricing:
Signed 8x10 Photo Pricing:
Signed Helmet Pricing (Full-size and Mini):
Find out more about Andrew Luck cards and memorabilia by browsing these featured guides and resources below:
- Andrew Luck Rookie Card Guide
- Top 10 Andrew Luck Rookie Cards
- 50 Hottest Andrew Luck Card Tracker
- Andrew Luck Signs Deal with Upper Deck, Revealed as Trade UD Mystery Redemption
- Andrew Luck Signs Exclusive Autographed Memorabilia Deal with Panini
For general information and player statistics visit: