Albert Pujols Baseball Cards, Rookie Card Checklist, Autograph Guide
At one point in time, Albert Pujols was at the top of the popularity list when it comes to sports cards and collectibles. With a panache for clutch-hitting in addition to his ability to hit for power, Pujols will always be a Cardinal in the hearts and minds of St. Louis fans after leading his team to a World Series title in 2011.
Signed pieces of memorabilia, including balls, bats and jerseys command top-dollar on the secondary market, a testament to his continued popularity amongst fans and collectors alike. Items signed as a member of the Cardinals do carry a slight premium.
All of Albert Pujols' rookie cards hail from 2001 with his autographed 2001 Bowman Chrome #340 being the most coveted. Some of his other rookie cards include pieces of game used bat and game worn jersey swatches. Fortunately for those without deep pockets, Pujols has several other rookie cards to choose from (42 in total) at varying prices.
Top 3 Albert Pujols Rookie Baseball Cards
Population reports current as of 10/13.
The 2001 Bowman Chrome Albert Pujols rookie card features an on-card autograph and is limited to only 500 copies. Graded versions have sold for five figures. It's a card that is considered a must have for the die-hard Pujols collector. It's also worth noting that the card was a redemption, which means that any that might be still lurking in packs have long since expired. Fortunately for those without deep pockets, he has several other rookie cards to choose from at varying prices.
2001 Bowman Chrome Albert Pujols RC BGS Population Report:
# Submitted: 121
Pristine 10: 1
Gem Mint 9.5: 18
Mint 9: 49
2001 Bowman Chrome Albert Pujols RC PSA Population Report:
# Submitted: 167
Gem Mint 10: 4
Mint 9: 109
With just 330 copies produced, this is Pujols' most limited autographed rookie card. Unfortunately, the autograph is in the form of a sticker label, which detracts from its overall aesthetic value. However, this doesn't take away from the card's ability to sell for several hundred dollars.
2001 Donruss Signature Albert Pujols RC BGS Population Report:
# Submitted: 66
Pristine 10: 0
Gem Mint 9.5: 5
Mint 9: 27
2001 Donruss Signature Albert Pujols RC PSA Population Report:
# Submitted: 24
Gem Mint 10: 2
Mint 9: 14
While significantly more available than most of his other autographed rookie cards, the design and on-card signature make this a favorite amongst collectors. Due to the fact that the print run is 1,500 serial-numbered copies, good condition examples can be purchased in the $200 range. Graded cards can go for much higher. The card has a history of grading well with numerous Pristine and Gem Mint samples available.
2001 SPx Albert Pujols RC BGS Population Report:
# Submitted: 327
Pristine 10: 12
Gem Mint 9.5: 98
Mint 9: 133
2001 SPx Albert Pujols RC PSA Population Report:
# Submitted: 326
Gem Mint 10: 128
Mint 9: 119
Albert Pujols Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
- 2001 Bowman's Best #174 #/2999
- 2001 Fleer Authority # 102 #/2001
- 2001 Fleer Focus #245 #/999
- 2001 Fleer Futures #224 #/2499
- 2001 Fleer Game Time #121 #/2000
- 2001 Fleer Platinum #301 #/1500 with Donaldo Mendez
- 2001 Fleer Premium #233 #/1999
- 2001 Fleer Triple Crown #309 #/2999
- 2001 SP Authentic #126 #/1250
- 2001 Sweet Spot #121 #/1500
- 2001 Ultra #277 #/1499
- 2001 Upper Deck Evolution #92 #/2250
- 2001 UD Reserve #204 #/2500
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2001 Absolute Memorabilia #157 Jersey #/700
- 2001 Bowman Chrome #340 Autograph #/500
- 2001 Donruss #156 #/500
- 2001 Donruss Classics #108 #/585
- 2001 Donruss Class of 2001 #268 #/525
- 2001 Donruss Elite #156 #/900
- 2001 Donruss Signature #151 Autograph #/330
- 2001 E-X #131 #/499
- 2001 Fleer Legacy #102 Autograph #/799
- 2001 Fleer Showcase #121 #/500
- 2001 Leaf Certified Materials #158 Hat #/200
- 2001 Leaf Limited #367 Jersey #/250
- 2001 SP Game Bat Milestone #92 Bat #/500
- 2001 SP Game Used #85 #/500
- 2001 SPx #206 Autograph #/1500
- 2001 Studio #191 #/700
- 2001 Topps Reserve #103 #/945
- 2001 Upper Deck Gold Glove #130 #/500
- 2001 Upper Deck Pros and Prospects #137 #/500
- 2001 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection #111 #/250
Albert Pujols Rookie Card Diamond Cuts 2001
2001 Albert Pujols Topps Chrome #596 Rookie Card RC BGS 8.5
BGS 8.5 2001 Leaf Limited Albert Pujols Rookie Card 250
2001 Leaf Limited Albert Pujols Rookie Card 250 NM+
Albert Pujols Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find examples of what an authentic Albert Pujols signature autograph looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Tristar and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
Albert Pujols Cut Signature Exemplar
Albert Pujols Key Signature Attributes: An authentic Albert Pujols signature will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
- Pronounced and over-sized letter "A" which contains a looped line and a curved "point"
- A 'dot" separates the letters "A" and "P"
- The letter "P" forms a closed loop
- The remaining letters are very personalized with the letter "o" nothing more than a line connection
- The letters "l" and "s" consist of a fluid, closed loop at the top and open on the bottom resembling a cursive "s"
Albert Pujols Signed Baseball Pricing:
Signed Bat Pricing:
Signed 8x10 Pricing:
Don't miss our other Albert Pujols card and memorabilia guides as well as other articles:
For general information and player statistics visit: