Rookie Card Year: 2011
Investment Rating: 7.5
A.J. Green cards are favorites among a growing number of collectors. An early 2011 draft pick, he has not disappointed. Historically, wide receivers have not started their careers with great success, but Green has been an exception to that rule. He has shown great chemistry with his quarterback, fellow 2011 rookie, Andy Dalton.
The sky is the limit for the this amazing player and collectors should make moves to acquire A.J. Green cards and memorabilia before they take off. The only thing that will hold Green back in the hobby is that he is a wide receiver. Quarterbacks and running backs normally dominate the landscape of the industry and wide receivers usually fall in as second-tier players. Regardless, Green is already a major player in the crop of elite young receivers. He should stay a productive player and hobby favorite for years to come barring any major injuries.
A.J Green has over 20 rookie cards available that will appeal to both budget and high-end collectors. There are still several products to be released before the end of the 2011 season, which will add to the count of rookie A.J. Green cards.
Top A.J. Green Rookie Cards
With the massive patch swatches and on-card autographs, National Treasures has become one of the benchmarks for high-end football rookie cards. The A.J. Green is no different. With just 99 numbered copies, tracking them down can be both tough and pricey.
With just 65 serial-numbered copies, the 2011 Topps Five Star A.J. Green is the receiver's most limited rookie card. Featuring both an on-card autograph and a patch piece, the card will be in high demand as long as collectors are looking for Green's cards.
The 2011 Panini Crown Royale A.J. Green rookie card features a solid design, on-card autograph, large jersey piece and low print run. This combination makes for one of the best A.J. Green cards and one that will remain a strong draw for collectors.
Although the print run is higher and the jersey piece is smaller than the his 2011 Crown Royale, 2011 Gold Standard Football features a distinctive design and unique signature.
A.J. Green Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2011 Absolute Memorabilia #203 Autograph #/199
- 2011 Certified #253 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2011 Crown Royale #236 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2011 National Treasures #329 Autographed Patch #/99
- 2011 Panini Gold Standard #254 Autographed Jersey #/325
- 2011 Panini Gridiron Gear #R36 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2011 Panini Limited #204 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2011 Panini Plates & Patches #204 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2011 Panini Playbook #101 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2011 Panini Prime Signatures #226 Autograph #/199
- 2011 Panini Threads #274 Autograph #/250
- 2011 Panini Totally Certified #201 Autographed Jersey /299
- 2011 Playoff Contenders #222 Autograph
- 2011 Rookies and Stars #271 Autograph #/299
- 2011 Timeless Treasures #126 Autograph #/165
- 2011 Topps Five Star #180 Autographed Patch #/65
- 2011 Topps Triple Threads #120 Autographed Jersey #/99
A.J. Green Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find examples of what an authentic A.J. Green autograph looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not a substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company. Some of the trusted sources within the sports memorabilia market include the following companies: PSA, JSA, Steiner, Tristar and Mounted Memories. Click on any of the images below to view full size photos.
A.J. Green Cut Signature Exemplar
A.J. Green Key Signature Attributes: An authentic A.J. Green autograph will exhibit several distinguishing characteristics. Regardless of the type of item or when it was signed, look for the following signature features:
- Signature consists of three initials, the letter "A-J-G"
- The letter "A" consists of two slanted and intersecting lines and then crossed with a third, curved line
- The crossing line of the letter "A" flows into the letter "J" which consists of a small loop at the top of the later and a much larger loop at the bottom of the letter.
- The letter "G" is separated from the others with a pen lift and resembles a printed letter "G" as compared to cursive of the other two letters
A.J. Green Signed Football Pricing:
A.J. Green Signed Jersey Pricing:
A.J. Green Signed 8x10 Photo Pricing:
For general information and player statistics visit: