Rookie Card Year: 2007
Investment Rating: 7.0
Adrian Peterson card and memorabilia collectors are among the most loyal in the hobby. It shouldn't be surprising considering he is one of the most successful running backs in the NFL. Peterson has been a focal point for the Minnesota Vikings and collectors since he left the University of Oklahoma. Given that he is still in his prime as a running back, Peterson should have at least a few more good seasons before his skills begin to decline.
Although Adrian Peterson card values are already on the high-end of the spectrum, a Super Bowl win could lead to a huge run on his football cards and memorabilia. When paired with Brett Favre in 2009, the Vikings came within one bad throw by Favre to making the Super Bowl. Now filled with younger talent, it may be a few seasons before the Vikings can compete in a stacked NFC North division. Based on that and the history of running backs once they reach 30 years old, the window is closing quickly for Adrian Peterson card values to rise to the next level.
As it stands, Peterson's best opportunity for a strong boost, other than a title, would be to break high-profile career records or winning an MVP award. Because of his tendency for injuries, it will be difficult for Peterson to keep up his regular production for an entire season. With no likely increase on the horizon, it is hard to recommend heavy investments in Peterson cards and memorabilia.
Adrian Peterson has 40 rookie cards in all price ranges. His top three rookie cards all feature on-card autographs and jersey patches.
Top Adrian Peterson Rookie Cards
It is hard to go wrong with Exquisite. The on-card auto and jersey patch is a staple of elite rookie cards. Combined with a very low print run of just 99 copies, the high-end 2007 Exquisite Collection Adrian Peterson card will always command strong values.
National Treasures is another elite brand and a great option for Peterson collectors. Fundamentally, there is little difference between the Exquisite and National Treasures cards. It boils down to card design and your preferred card layout -- horizontal or vertical.
Don't let the higher print run fool you. The 2007 SP Authentic Adrian Peterson card is a collector favorite for the same reasons that make National Treasures and Exquisite popular. An on-card auto combined with a jersey patch put this card in elite company for a fraction of the cost. Due to its popularity and because it is numbered to 399, this Adrian Peterson card continues to see heavy trading and sales.
Adrian Peterson Rookie Card Checklist
Budget Rookie Cards
Mid-Range Rookie Cards
- 2007 Absolute Memorabilia #256 Jersey #/849
- 2007 Bowman Chrome #BC65
- 2007 Bowman Sterling #APE1 Jersey
- 2007 Donruss Classics #159 #/599
- 2007 Donruss Elite #105 #/599
- 2007 Finest #112
- 2007 Leaf Certified Materials #219 Jersey #/849
- 2007 Select #341 #/599
- 2007 Topps Chrome #TC181
- 2007 Topps Co-Signers #70 #/2249
- 2007 Topps Draft Picks and Prospects #135
- 2007 Topps Performance #109 #/359
- 2007 Topps TX Exclusive #104 #/399
- 2007 Ultra #205
- 2007 Ultra Retail #205
- 2007 Upper Deck Trilogy #103 #/399
Premium Rookie Cards
- 2007 Donruss Gridiron Gear #216 Autograph #/100
- 2007 Donruss Threads #256 Autograph #/120
- 2007 Exquisite Collection #133 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2007 Leaf Limited #301 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2007 Leaf Rookies and Stars #206 Autograph #/99
- 2007 Playoff Contenders #104 Autograph Print Run: 355
- 2007 Playoff National Treasures #101 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2007 SP Authentic #289 Autographed Jersey #/399
- 2007 SP Chirography #101 Autograph #/199
- 2007 SP Rookie Threads #122 Autograph #/150
- 2007 SPx #218 Autographed Jersey #/299
- 2007 Sweet Spot #133 Autograph #/299
- 2007 Topps Triple Threads #123 Autographed Jersey #/99
- 2007 Ultimate Collection #101 Autograph #/99
- 2007 Upper Deck Premier #131 Autographed Jersey #/55
Adrian Peterson Autographed Memorabilia Buying Guide
Below you will find an example of what Adrian Peterson's authentic signature looks like. This can be used as a first point of reference for determining the legitimacy of autograph memorabilia, but is not substitute for having your items authenticated by a well-respected professional autograph authentication company
Signed Football Pricing:
Average eBay Sales Price: $135
Lowest Amazon Price: $299.99
Signed Jersey Pricing
Average eBay Sales Price: $150
Lowest Amazon Price:$260.87
Signed 8x10 Photo Pricing
Average eBay Sales Price: $85
Lowest Amazon Price: $119.99