Olympic Collectors Fair and Topps Auction Added to Events at the National
The National has released information about additional events at this year's convention including a special Olympic Pavilion as well as an exclusive VIP auction containing Topps items.
The Olympin Collectors Club is hosting the 17th Annual Collectors Fair that will be a part of the Olympic Pavilion. It will contain over 100 exhibitors who will be buying, selling and trading all types of Olympic memorabilia. This marks the first time the event will be held in North America. As an added bonus, 1968 Olympic Gold Medalist Dick Fosbury will be on hand as a special guest to sign autographs. Members of the International Olympic Committee and U.S. Olympic Committee will also be at the event that is running in conjunction with the National Sports Collectors Convention.
Visit the National's website for more on the Olympic Pavillion or visit the Olympin Collectors Club for more on their yearly event.
The VIP auction will be a great opportunity for collectors to obtain rare items straight from the Topps vault. A total of eight items have been named with two more to be released at a later date. The auction will be held on August 3rd and includes the following items:
- 1957-58 Topps Basketball Card Bill Russell Cancelled Check
- 1968 Topps Final Baseball Card Color Transparency used to create the 1968 Nolan Ryan Rookie Card
- 1977 Topps Uncut Proof Sheet with Rare Reggie Jackson Orioles Error Card
- Mickey Mantle Signed Agreement from the 1987 Topps/Nestles Baseball Card Set
- 1979-80 Topps Hockey Uncut Proof Sheet containing Wayne Gretzky's Rookie Card
- 1980 Topps/Pepsi Unissued Two-sided Final Uncut Sheet
- 1968 Topps Uncut Proof Sheet Featuring Nolan Ryan Rookie Card
- Bill Russell Signed Agreement from 1957 Topps Basketball Card Set
For more information on any of the items, visit the Topps VIP Auction website.
View our article about the National for more information on the annual convention.