Cardboard Connection 2011 Allen & Ginter Imagination Contest Winner Announcement
Below are the Top 10 Best Submissions from our "Who Would You Like To See In 2011 Allen & Ginter" contest. Each of the Top 10 Finalists will receive a few interesting singles from 2010 Allen & Ginter (Relics, Mini's, Inserts). The winner of the contest and the free hobby box of 2010 Allen & Ginter can be found at the bottom of the page. Thanks to all that participated, hopefully we will see some of these suggestions come to life in 2011 Allen & Ginter!
- Larry King Auto/Relic
- George Lucas Auto
- Neil Armstrong/Buzz Aldrin Dual Auto
- Bungie Relic - From The Game "Halo"
- Bob Barker Auto
- Stan Lee Auto
- Tim Burton Auto
- Jack Black Guitar Pick Relic
- Mike Judge Auto
- Sailor Jerry Cut Signature
Eric Pires Bento
- Jim Joyce - Umpire to mess up Armando Galarraga's perfect game this year.
- Steve Bartman - Man who ruined Cubs in 2003 by catching a foul ball.
- Gary Coleman - "What You Talking About Willis?" - died this year - would make a great cut signature
- Captain Phil Harris - Died this year, was on the show "Deadliest Catch" - would make a great cut signature
- Cristiano Ronaldo - One of the greatest Soccer players in the world.
- Albert Einstein DNA Relic
- Neal Armstrong Auto/Relic
- Piece Of Moon Rock
- Wonderboy Bat Relic - From "The Natural"
- BP Oil Spill Relic (On second thought that's probably not a good idea)
- John Wooden Cut Signature
- Daniel Okrent Auto - Creator of fantasy baseball
- Chesley Sullenberger Auto Plane Seat Relic - The airplane pilot who saved all of the passengers during an emergency landing.
- Elin Nordegren Golf Club Relic
- Neifi Perez Auto - First player to be suspended for substance abuse
- Les Claypool Bass String Relic - Front-man for Primus and greatest bass player of all time. A fishing fly relic would be awesome, too.
- "Comic Book Guy" Auto - he could sign it "Worst Baseball Card, Ever"
- Quentin Tarantino Auto - He's my favorite director and he's his face in everything else, why not baseball cards?
- Wu-Tang Clan Auto's - Greatest Rap group E-V-E-R.
- Chewbacca fur relic - do I need to explain how awesome that would be?
- Shoeless Joe Jackson Sock Relic (with optional one-of-one black coloring)
- Stephen King Auto - promoting "Blockade Billy"
- Harry Houdini
- Modern Authors Collection (featuring such authors as: Bret Easton Ellis author of American Psycho, Chuck Palahniuk author of "Fight Club", Hunter S. Thompson author of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", Jack Kerouc author of "On The Road", etc.) which would be a compliment to this year's "World's Greatest Wordsmiths"
- 27 Club collection (featuring history's most famous people, including but not limited to the great musicians that dies at age 27)
- Alternatives For the Two Collections - Bob Dylan, Aaron Burr
- Branch Rickey Cut Signature - Agent who took heat for signing Jackie Robinson and Roberto Clemente (breaking both color barriers)
- 1 of 1 Beatles Wood Cards - made from Ringo Star's Drumsticks
- "The Godfather" Movie Reel Slides Autographed by Francis Ford Coppola
- Al Alcorn Auto - Inventor Of Pong
- Team Card Of "The Bad News Bears"
- Houston Zoo Animal Painting Relics - Animals that can paint pictures from Houston Zoo
- Stephen Hawking Digital Autograph - using binary code printed on card
- Yuri Gargarin - First man in space
- Allen Ginsberg - Beat Poet
- James Doohan Cut Signature - "Scotty" from Star Trek
In a razor thin finish, Brett Ortler edges out Kevin O'Sullivan for a free box of 2010 Allen & Ginter! Congratulations Brett! To those who finished in the Top 10, we will be contacting you very soon for mailing info. To make sure you all get your prizes as soon as possible, it would help if each of you would send your full name & mailing address to email@example.com
In closing, thanks to all that submitted! At the moment we are considering putting together a list of the "Top 50 Suggestions" from the contest, so if your name wasn't mentioned above, that doesn't mean it won't be later on. Stay tuned to for future contests of imagination & intrigue!
2010 Topps Allen & Ginter Factory Sealed Baseball Hobby Box
2010 Topps Allen & Ginter Baseball Cards Hobby Box - New & Sealed