Kirk Gibson’s 1988 World Series Walk-Off Bat Sells For $575,912
Last month Kirk Gibson sent 6 pieces of memorabilia to the auction block, highlighted by the bat that sliced an epic Game 1 walk-off Home Run over the right field fence at Chavez Ravine. Last night Kirk Gibson's 1988 Dodgers memorabilia hit the auction equivalent of a walk-off home run. When all was said and done, the auction total added up to nearly 1.2 million dollars. SCP Auction's reported the following closing sale prices for each piece of Gibson's memorabilia.
- 1988 World Series Game 1 Walk-Off Home Run Bat - $575,912.40
- 1988 World Series Game 1 Walk-Off Dodgers Jersey - $303,277.20
- 1988 World Series Game 1 Walk-Off Dodgers Helmet - $153,388.80
- 1988 National League MVP Plaque - $110,293.20
- 1988 World Series Trophy - $45,578.40
- 1988 World Series Road Uniform - $9,664.80
Total = $1,198,114.80
Gibson chose to take the memorabilia to SCP Auctions citing two major reasons. First off, the current Arizona Diamondbacks Manager had never been a fan of sports memorabilia. Second, the money from the MVP Plaque and World Series Trophy would benefit the Kirk Gibson Foundation. With the auction complete, roughly $150,000 will go to the foundation, with a little over a $1,000,000 going to Gibson himself.
2010 BOWMAN CHROME Baseball
(2) 2010 Bowman Chrome Baseball Box (Hobby)
2010 BOWMAN CHROME MLB Baseball Hobby Box
2010 Bowman CHROME Baseball CARD Factory Sealed 24 Pack Box