Minnesota Wild to Host “Fan Fest” in Conjunction With NHL Draft
The Minnesota Wild are hosting a fan-centered event in honor of this years' NHL draft. The first round of the NHL Draft starts at 7PM on June 24th at the Xcel Energy Center. The "Fan Fest" runs that afternoon at the Crowne Plaza - St. Paul Riverfront from 12 -5 PM.
Highlights of the upcoming event are the State of Hockey Exhibit Hall featuring autographs, displays and interactive hockey games, as well as breakout sessions covering a wide range of topics and autograph signings with hockey dignitaries.
The dignitaries currently scheduled to attend include:
- NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman
- Minnesota Wild owner Craig Leipold
- Hobey Baker winner Brian Bonin
- Hall of Fame coach Scotty Bowman
- Current Wild players Cal Clutterbuck, Clayton Stoner and Brad Staubitz
- 2010 Wild first-round pick Mikael Granlund
- One-time Wild players Darby Hendrickson, Antti Laaksonen and Wes Walz
- Former Minnesota North Stars Jack Carlson, Brad Maxwell, Lou Nanne, J.P. Parise and Tom Reid
- Former NHL stars Tom Chorske, Phil Housley and Shjon Podein
- 1980 Olympian John Harrington
- Olympic gold medalist Karyn Bye-Dietz
- Olympic silver medalist Gigi Marvin
- Minnesota High School coaching legend Willard Ikola
- Former University of Minnesota hockey coach Doug Woog
Tickets to the "Fan Fest" are $20 and can be purchased online at the Minnesota Wild's website starting June 1st. Tickets will also be available for purchase in-person on the day of the event. Check back to the Wild's website for updates to the list of attendees or for further information.
In addition to the "Fan Fest" and NHL Draft, other hockey events will be taking place in St. Paul that weekend. The Entry Draft Card/Memorabilia Show will be held at Xcel Energy Center from 5-6:30 PM on June 24th and 8 AM - 1 PM on June 25th. Also, there will be an NHL Draft Street Festival at Rice Park and 4th Street on June 24.