Panini and Pepsi Challenge Collectors with NFL Rookie of the Week Promotion
Pepsi and Panini have partnered for a new weekly rookie-centric NFL promotion. The contest lets fans vote on the NFL Rookie of the Week. Panini will award prizes throughout the season to those who help promote the contest.
Each week, NFL.com will showcase the top five rookie performances on a special Pepsi-sponsored voting page. After making their choice, fans are to visit the Panini Facebook page to view virtual cards of the five featured players. The virtual card designs will change each week and incorporate many of Panini's product lines.
To be eligible for prizes, collectors must share the image of the card on their Facebook page and Panini's Facebook. Lastly, the image must be shared on Twitter using the hashtag #PepsiROW and reference @paniniamerica.
It does seem like a lot of work but hopefully Panini makes it worthwhile with some awesome prizes. In the announcement, Panini also hinted at a possible "payoff" at the end of the season.
This five candidates for Week 1 of the 2011 Rookie of the Week promotion are listed below, along with their accomplishments.
- Doug Baldwin, Seattle: Four catches for 83 receiving yards and a touchdown.
- Randall Cobb, Green Bay: Two catches for 35 yards receiving and a touchdown, record-tying 108-yard kickoff return.
- Ryan Kerrigan, Washington: Five tackles and an interception for a touchdown.
- Cam Newton, Carolina: 422 yards passing and two touchdowns, rushed for 18 yards and a touchdown on his way to a 110.4 passer rating.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona: Five tackles and returned a punt 89 yards for a touchdown.