Cam Newton Leads Week 2 Panini Rookie of the Week Nominees
Panini has unveiled the nominees for top rookie honors for the NFL's second week. The voting for Week 2 includes Cam Newton, again, as he continues to amaze fans with his abilities, as well as four new faces. The five players are featured on cards using the 2011 Prestige design.
NFL Rookie of the Week Nominees
- Andy Dalton, Cincinnati: 332 yards passing with 27 completions and two touchdowns.
- Mason Foster, Tampa Bay: ten tackles (seven solo), one sack and one forced fumble.
- Denarius Moore, Oakland: five receptions for 146 yards and a touchdown.
- Cam Newton, Carolina: 432 yards passing, one score and three interceptions, and 53 rushing yards.
- Daniel Thomas, Miami: 107 yards rushing.
As a quick recap, Pepsi and Panini have partnered for the weekly rookie-centric NFL promotion. The contest lets fans vote on the NFL Rookie of the Week. Panini will award prizes throughout the season to those who help promote the contest through Facebook and Twitter.
Each week, NFL.com will showcase the top five rookie performances on a special Pepsi-sponsored voting page. After making their choice, fans are to visit the Panini Facebook page to view virtual cards of the five featured players. The virtual card designs change each week and incorporate many of Panini's product lines.
To be eligible for prizes, collectors must share the image of the card on their Facebook page and Panini's Facebook. Lastly, the image must be shared on Twitter using the hashtag #PepsiROW and reference @paniniamerica.