Damian Lillard Autograph Wrapper Redemptions Announced by Panini
Because of his exclusive autograph deal with Leaf, Panini wasn't able to produce autographed rookie cards of Damian Lillard in several sets. Now that the two card companies have worked out a agreement for a limited number Lillard autographs, Panini is revisiting some 2012-13 basketball sets to create new cards of the NBA Rookie of the Year. Rather than inserting them in packs, the new Panini Damian Lillard autographed memorabilia cards will be available via a wrapper redemption program.
The breakdown of the new cards and their print runs are as follows:
- 2012-13 Panini Gold Standard - 99 cards
- 2012-13 Panini Gold Standard SP - 10 cards
- 2012-13 Panini National Treasures - 99 cards
- 2012-13 Panini National Treasures SP - 10 cards
- 2012-13 Panini National Treasures 1/1 - 1 card
- 2012-13 Panini Preferred Silhouettes - 99 cards
- 2012-13 Panini Preferred Silhouettes SP - 25 cards
- 2012-13 Select - 49 cards
- 2012-13 Select SP - 10 cards
Cards will be distributed randomly in a pack so collectors won't know which card they're getting until they open it.
In order to get one of the new Damian Lillard autographed memorabilia cards, collectors will need to accumulate a total of 300 points based on purchases of select products:
- 2012-13 Panini Elite Series Basketball - 35 points per box
- 2012-13 Gold Standard Basketball - 25 points per box
- 2012-13 Innovation Basketball - 15 points per box
- 2012-13 Panini Intrigue Basketball - 20 points per box
- 2012-13 Panini Momentum Basketball - 30 points per box
- 2012-13 Panini Signatures Basketball - 15 points per box
Based on current eBay prices and depending on the product, it would cost about $800-$2,000 to buy enough boxes to get one of the cards.
Collectors must include the wrappers, box UPC codes and purchase receipts in order to qualify.
Requests can be sent to:
Damian Lillard Redemption
5325 FAA Boulevard, Suite 100
Irving, Texas 75061-3601
Cards are available while supplies last. There is a limit of ten redemptions per person.