The Card Beat: Sports Collectibles News for October 17, 2013
We've traveled to the far corners of the World Wide Web to track down the top sports card and memorabilia stories for today, October 17, 2013. Here are the headlines, as reported by The Cardboard Connection and other leading news publications and blogs:
From The Cardboard Connection:
- 2013 Topps Update Series Baseball Variation Short Prints Guide - Several more additions have been made to the large list of variations.
- Derek Jeter Minor League Cards Guide - Take an in-depth look at Derek Jeter cards from before he was a superstar. Includes a detailed checklist and guide to his most prominent minor league and prospect cards.
- Inspirational Teddy Kremer Honored with Baseball Card in 2013 Topps Update - Teddy Kremer has been an inspiration for the Cincinnati Reds. Now he’s got his own baseball card in 2013 Topps Update Series.
- 2013 Panini Contenders Football Cards - 2013 Panini Contenders Football once again places a huge emphasis on Rookie Ticket Autographs, some of the most popular rookie cards in the hobby.
- 2014 Topps UFC Knockout Trading Cards - 2014 Topps UFC Knockout is back again, with boxes yielding eight total hits and an autograph or relic in each pack. Championship Belt Plate Autograph Relic cards look to be the most appealing addition to this popular product.
- LeBron James Basketball Cards, Rookie Cards Checklist and Memorabilia Guide - Delve deep into LeBron James cards, autographs and memorabilia with this helpful guide. Includes a full rookie card checklist, signature exemplars, memorabilia highlights and more.
Sports Collectibles News From Around the Internet:
- Florida Memorabilia Dealer Bradley Wells Sentenced to Six Months in Prison, New York Daily News
- Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2013-14 NBA Hoops Basketball, The Knight's Lance
- Rock Chalk Cardboard, Mint Condition
- Featuring One of the Seven Superlative Cards, According to Dr. Price
- Collection of National Chicle Cards With 10 Nagurskis Sells for Over $50,000, Sports Collectors Daily
- Judge Mulling NFL Retiree Publicity Rights Case, Seattle Post Intelligencer
- NFL Questioned Over Profits from Pink Merchandise Sold to Aid Cancer Research, The Guardian