The Card Beat: Sports Collectibles News for May 16, 2014
We've traveled to the far corners of the World Wide Web to track down the top sports card and memorabilia stories for today, May 16, 2014. Here are the headlines, as reported by The Cardboard Connection and other leading news publications and blogs:
From The Cardboard Connection:
- 2014 Topps Dynasty Baseball Cards - 2014 Topps Dynasty Baseball is the most expensive product the company has every produced (over $1,000 per box). Every card in the product is either an autographed memorabilia card or a cut signature from an all-time great. Extremely limited, Topps is pledging a carefully selected checklist.
- Who Are the 2014 Topps Archives Major League Autographs? - The 2014 Topps Archives Major League Autographs checklist has been announced. Find out who’s signing for the set that celebrates the classic comedy’s 25th anniversary.
- 2014 Topps UFC Knockout Trading Cards - The latest UFC set is out today. Get the full checklist and details.
- Law of Cards: WOTC Alleges Cryptozoic’s Hex is Knockoff of Magic the Gathering - Wizards, Magic and Hex — they’re all at the center of a new hobby lawsuit in which WOTC alleges that Cryptozoic’s Hex infringes on their Magic the Gathering game. Attorney Paul Lesko has the info, analysis and court documents.
- 2014 Press Pass Redline Racing Cards - 2014 Press Pass Redline Racing brings some high-end NASCAR action. Every pack includes either an autograph or a race-used memorabilia card.
- 2014 Funko Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mystery Minis Vinyl Figures - 2014 Funko Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mystery Minis are a set of blind box vinyl figures. The lineup has 12 characters including all four of the turtles.
- Tonight on Carboard Connection Radio - Tonight’s another packed show. Find out who’s going to be on the latest episode of the best sports card talk radio show going today.
- Law of Cards: 2 Years Later and Trilegiant/Beckett Media Case Can Begin - A lawsuit involving Beckett Media two years in the making is finally ready to start. Beckett is one defendant in the case that also involves a company named Trilegiant that allegedly charged unauthorized membership fees. Attorney Paul Lesko breaks the case down and offers his analysis.
- Rick Nash Cards, Rookie Cards and Autographed Memorabilia Guide - Rick Nash has long been one of the NHL’s most dangerous snipers. Get a full list of all his rookie cards, autographed memorabilia highlights and more.
- Dino Ciccarelli Cards, Rookie Cards and Autographed Memorabilia Guide - The scrappy Dino Ciccarelli is an example of a great hockey underdog story. Get details on his cards and collectibles with this guide. Includes rookie card info and more.
Sports Collectibles News From Around the Internet:
- Sam Tageson, the Inspirational Hockey Player for the San Jose Sharks, Will Receive an Upper Deck Rookie Card, Upper Deck Blog
- Panini America Signs Card, Autograph Deal with Texans Top Pick Jadeveon Clowney, The Knight's Lance
- Topps Redemption Update - May 15th 2014, Topps