The Card Beat: Sports Collectibles News for February 20, 2014
We've traveled to the far corners of the World Wide Web to track down the top sports card and memorabilia stories for today, February 20, 2014. Here are the headlines, as reported by The Cardboard Connection and other leading news publications and blogs:
From The Cardboard Connection:
- Top 10 Japanese Ichiro Cards for Collectors to Chase - Ichiro is one of the greatest hitters in the history of baseball and his illustrious career covers two continents, 22 seasons, and over 4,000 hits. While Ichiro's baseball cards are very popular, his rare cards from Japan tend to float under the radar. Take a look at ten of the top Japanese Ichiro cards available to collectors.
- 2014 Panini FIFA World Cup Prizm Soccer Cards - 2014 Panini FIFA World Cup Prizm Soccer sees the card maker bring their signature chromium brand to the global stage. Hobby boxes come with eight Prizm parallels. Collectors can also hunt for autographs of Pele, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and other soccer superstars.
- 2014 Topps WWE Wrestling Cards - See the checklist for the soon-to-be-released set.
- Daniel Bryan Cards and Memorabilia Guide - As the Yes Movement grows, so does the interest in Daniel Bryan cards and memorabilia. Find out about his first cards and more.
- 2014 Topps Wacky Packages Chrome Trading Cards - 2014 Topps Wacky Packages Chrome takes some of the earliest cards in the brand’s history and gives them a chromium spin. Highlights include several levels of Refractors, sketch cards, autographs and more.
- 1954 Red Heart Baseball Cards - 1954 Red Heart Baseball is one of the few products to be released in conjunction with dog food. The classic set includes Mickey Mantle and Stan Musial.
Sports Collectibles News From Around the Internet:
- Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2014 Donruss Baseball, The Knight's Lance
- In The Game Gallery – One Of A Kind, According to Dr. Price
- Nostalgic Box Break: 1993 Stadium Club Series 2 (Part 1), Mint Condition